Thread: The Complete LotR Soundtrack Recordings

The Complete LotR Soundtrack Recordings

I have seen, that there are some box sets containing the 'complete' versions of the score of the movies. I'm quite interested, as I like the soundtrack very much, but the price is just too high...So far there seem to be boxes for the first two movies.

Does anybody out there have those boxes and could comment on it, please?

The Fellowship of the Ring Complete Recordings Boxed Set

The Two Towers Complete Recordings Boxed Set

I have them both and found them to be well worth the money. You have to really like the music to bother, though. If you're not a fan of the music, save your money.

What you're getting is the complete score for the extended editions of the films, some 3 hours+ of music for each one. In addition, the disks contain a few musical cues that were either abbreviated in the film itself or simply not used.

I love the music so it was a simple purchase for me to get them. I love the music that was added for the extended editions as opposed to the regular cuts of the film.

And, the first released soundtracks for the films of course didn't contain all the music in the film, since there's only so much music you can put on once CD.

So, if you love the music and want the complete score, I'd say pick them up.

I have the special edition DVDs and like the movies and the score in them very much. I have the first boxed set, that included the 3 movie soundtracks and like them very much. So I think I'll have to think about getting me those new boxes