Thread: Spiderman 3: Rise of the Sequels! (spoiler sense tingling...)

Spiderman 3: Rise of the Sequels! (spoiler sense tingling...)

Well, it's been out offically 3 days and I've already seen it twice, once with a group of fanboys like myself, the other with some ladies who weren't hip to the Marvel Universes intricacies.

Great movie. The basic theme is forgiveness. Lots of great parts. Tobey is still the best Parker money can buy, and seeing him "go bad" is fun, and a lil bit painful at times. The actually make Sandman a sypmpathetic character; at times you actually feel bad for the bad hand/mistakes that hes been going through. And the scene where he first struggles to re-form himself is a little heartbreaking.

Lots of CGI; almost up to a Lucas level. But then you can't really expect people to pull off the moves that the characters do.

Rumor is that there won't be a forth, which is sad, because they have only just breached the tip of the Spidy mythos. I recomend this movie to anyone; if you take kids, some of the action/scares might be much, but nothing too bad comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    <snip> Rumor is that there won't be a forth, which is sad, because they have only just breached the tip of the Spidy mythos. I recomend this movie to anyone; if you take kids, some of the action/scares might be much, but nothing too bad comes to mind.
    I hear that Sony greenlighted the 4th Spiderman movie a month or so before this movie. Of course that was before Maguire drop out.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

I loved... parts of this movie, but parts of it were just too overblown, and there were just TOO many bad guys in this film! It's obvious why there had to be the number there was, but it just made the plot muddied.

That said Tobey Mcguire MADE the movie, and he was the only reason it was watchable, he is just so perfect for the role, it's just a shame the script was just so gah!
    Ta Muchly

For me, Spider-Man 3 lacked the emotional punch of the previous two. While it had more light-hearted moments, they jarred somewhat with the darker tone. Not a bad film, just not a great one like its predecessors. Future installments of the franchise, should any be made, will definitely suffer without Maguire and Dunst. Bryce Dallas Howard was great as Gwen Stacy, but Spidey swinging into battle without M.J.'s "Go get 'em, Tiger" will lack a certain something.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

This movie was horrible. Sam wanted out of the franchise so bad, it flowed off the screen and stank up the room.

Very sad.

Hey Brian, don't waffle, tell us how you really feel.

I have no interest in seeing this movie. Mostly because the first two were utter crap-fests. Why change now?

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

It will air in germany's free tv next sunday, so I'll see it then for the first time.

Looking forward to it!