Thread: Eldarion F.A. 20-?

Exclamation Eldarion F.A. 20-?

I am going to start an agruement here ... Eldarion was the Son of an Elf and a Numenorian. Geneologically he is quite the mixing bowl... I disgree with his lifespan of 200 years... He in my mind more closely resembles Elros in a 350-400 year life span. one could argue he is half-elven by virtue of his parentage.

ok so let the debate begin
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

I agree with the fact that his lineage is Elven, Man, and even Maia (Melian) - but I think with the end of the Ring and the beginning of the 4th Age, the old world is gone and the agelessness of Elves is dwindling.

So even though his blood is of three strains, the longevity is shortening... but two hundred years is still a good sum of time! Think about what you would have seen if you were 150 years old right now and had anothe 50 into the future. It'd be kind of cool!

Tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I don't doubt your agruement that the world has changed again.. elves fade to the background (but don't cease to exist). Maybe you are correct in the notion that Eldarion become human... Yet Elros did the same ... and he was granted 400+ years. I guess it is a toss up. Personally the continuity of a long reign would bring great stability to the re-united realm.

Being that as it is with the choice left for Elronds Children .... when would Elorhir and Elladan perish... If Arwen passed due to a broken heart .... what happened to them?

Is it stated anywhere that he died of old age? Accidents or sharp pointy objects are always an option.

Yes but somewhere Tolkien mentioned that eldarion lived around 200 years (thus living in the shadow of his father) think the name etiology alone "scion of the elves" hints that tolkien may have toyed wth a longer life span like elros.

Considering that Aragorn lived 210 years, I would be surprised if Eldarion not had a longer lifespan. Then, it is a bit of what you read into "When the end of his life came at last, he gave it up willingly, as the ancient Kings of Númenor, his distant ancestors, had done long before." (from The Encyclopedia of Arda). Just accepting his fate when he died of old age? Or died by his own will? If the later, Eldarion may just have done the same. To me, it is the former or that it is just how the Numenorians rewrote it, so it shouldn't sound as the king died as a mere mortal.

With that said, he should have a natural lifespan longer than 200 years, and as I rule out disease (considering his elven heritage), the only remaining options to me is that he was killed or died in an accident.

Thumbs up

I am in agreement with you. What I also fins interesting is the facts that Eldarion had sisters! From 2 to 4 according to the texts I have read. Thinking along the lines of the re-united kingdom resurgent. They become quite a political chip. I could see them being used for strengthing the alliance between Vassals and the crown. Dol Amroth and the reestablished fiefs of Arnor would be a few.