Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is your favor SCI FI weapon

lightsaber's are cool b/c I'm a fencer & sword collector. But to use it properly you have to be trained as a Jedi knight.

Phasers are the weapon of choice for us non-Jedis. Esp. the 24th cent. kind. You could wipe out whole groups of enemies w/ those things.

The rifle is a TR-116 which you all are speaking about . . . and nothing says oh shit you're in a fire fight like your friend, rather then desintigrated (which combat experienced individuals must be use to by now, but still leaving emotional scars), explodes in a goey red mess all over his comrades around him. And yes that would have to be in my top three. The other two have to be the Point of View gun from HG2G and the M-56 Smart Gun from Aliens.

As far as fighters are concerned: B-Wing of Star Wars obsurity, Banzai fan-created Star Trek fighter, and the Starfuries from B5 (not necessarily in that order). Not a fighter, but fun, the Starbug from Red Dwarf. But you can void this section as they aren't personal weapons.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

#3 DOOM BFG "Ooooh, yeah."
    #2 Vorlon Planet-Killer

And Fo2's #1 favorite SF weapon...

The Illudium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Accept no substitutes.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

No one chooses rational discussion? This is a Star Trek thread, dammit!
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Yes that's a point.. Captain Kirks speaking has been known to cause indestructible uber weapons powered robots to blow up. And Janeway talking managed to convince a bomb to commit suicide
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    No one chooses rational discussion?
    Sorry, but rational discussion is simply a load to much "fiction" for me - there has to be at least the chance of a possible existence of said weapon. I mean I can imagine a phaser rifle, lightsabre - but rational discussion? Yeah, right...
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I find Irrational Discussion to be a far more useful weapon when working on a small scale. I can cause people's heads to explode!

Rational Discussion just ends up getting ME shot at.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I find Irrational Discussion to be a far more useful weapon when working on a small scale. I can cause people's heads to explode!

Logic is a little tweeting bird. Logic is a bunch of pretty flowers that smell bad!!

The zat'ni'katel (zat) from Stargate.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two

The Illudium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Accept no substitutes.
    Ditto!
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

The Phased Plasma Gun (PPG) from Babylon 5. Would make a nice side arm for a group of rogues/pirates. No bigger than a derringer put packed a nice punch and (as older tech) easily acquired.

Used to have a nice little write up with picture and stats for ICON on an old computer which crashed--unfortunatly I had never posted it to the boards and didn't have any other copies.
    Last edited by redwood973; 07-07-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973
    The Phased Plasma Gun (PPG) from Babylon 5.
    ahem... It took me a moment to realise...

But I think you mean 'Bigger than a Derringer'...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden
    ahem... It took me a moment to realise...

But I think you mean 'Bigger than a Derringer'...

Never underestimate the power of proof-reading.

Who's silly idea was it anyway to put those to letters so close to getther on the keyboard anyway!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."