Thread: oWoD - San Diego, CA

oWoD - San Diego, CA

My cohort in roleplaying is looking to host a new oWoD game while our GM is travelling back to Deutschland for the next couple weeks. Anyone who is interested, please drop us a line.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Where is your GM travelling to in Germany?

She's from there.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    She's from there.
    As am I
    So I'm just curious where she's from...

She told me once, but I shouldn't say . . . let's just say it use to be West Germany

Oh, well then. Hope she has a good time at home

Well, I have to ask . . . why do you ask? I mean the only reason why I shouldn't say is she told me a bit about her past . . . and well . . . it leads me to be cautious about being more specific.

I was asking because I'm curious. That's all.

One thing about the forum thing on the internet I like so much is that you can have conversations with people that are litterally thousands of miles apart. I still find that a bit impressive, call me old fashioned
    Then again it impresses me to see how small the world can be when people from all the way over there come close all the way over here. I have a friend that right now is spending time in Melbourne, Australia.
    We used to talk on the internet using the MSN instant messanger when she was living in the same city with my and we now talk the same way via the messenger while she's hafl a world away. I wouldn't even know the difference if she hadn't told me (and send some postcard to make a decent point to her claim).

Anyway, getting carried away here...
    I thought it was interesting to hear that someone you know (in the US) came from here, where I live (at least to the country).

Just as I said, it was me being curious without any hidden agenda or something. If he or she asked you not to reveal her whereabouts or origins or anything to mere stangeres on the internet, that's definately fine by me.
    Sorry that I bothered you.
    But if she's feeling so not good about her past here, maybe you should stop mentioning her coming over here alltogether...

Anyway...I still have to ask Captain Otto on these very boards, if the city of 'Bodenheim' he lists in his profile as his living place actually is a suburb of the city where - according to my profile - I should currently live

Haven't done that yet, so I'm off for now :-)

no no no it's not that.
    She is proud to be German, and happy to be from there. It's just that there have been experiences in her past, while in Germany, that she was looking to get away from, so she came here to work.
    I don't know if she's returning to the aftermath of those experiences when she goes back there for vacation. But if she is, I really hope that she comes back to us safetly. I mean, you never know. Thus why I am being cautious.

Well I shall stop commenting now, and start commenting about the game.

It's an oWoD game which will be set on the Michigan Peninsula near Canada. Although I don't totally agree with the GMs background story for the campaign, all that doesn't really for the foreground is pretty standard WoD stuff, which is what I am looking for.

I hope she as a nice vacation at home

Enjoy your gaming and have all a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    no no no it's not that.
    She is proud to be German, and happy to be from there. It's just that there have been experiences in her past, while in Germany, that she was looking to get away from, so she came here to work.
    She was Stasi!?! Oh wait, that was the East German secret police, not West.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."