Thread: Captain Chase & the "Zero Room" Enterprise

Captain Chase & the "Zero Room" Enterprise

I do not know what the status of this project is, and I have some mixed opinions about it, but gosh-wow, wouldn't this make for an incredibly playable Trek setting?

http://trekmovie.com/2006/12/13/cbs-...d-trek-series/

This is exactly the kind of "dark" yet hopeful future that a lot of gamers seem to lean toward when gaming Trek. Loads of potential for violence and lots of built in limitations that would allow the GM to channel plots fairly easily.

Kind of hope it goes through, just for the different flavor of it.
    (gotta admit, retconning retro recast quasi TOS movie talk so far is just turning my stomach. but then, I am a crotchety old guy. )

I report this before, but it is good to see some of the conceptual art. It is kind of interesting future for Star Trek. It would a good project for someone to put together a RPG netbook.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Wink

Sir, I do detect a certain degree of skeptical sarcasm in your post.
    Yessir.
    Just a smidgeon, but certainly detectible.
    I must come to the conclusion that you are not wholely convinced that this incarnation of Trek would make for a gosh-wow-bang marvelous game setting.
    That's the impression I'm getting here.
    Correct me if I'm mistaken!
    Wouldn't want to jump to rash conclusions.

Nothing succeeds like derivations of success!
    "Right?"
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I'm not overly enthusiastic about the project, maybe because it seems to me that about every SF series happens in a dark and dangerous universe, and that some series of Star Trek were about the only ones with a rather optimistic view of the future (no matter how unrealistic one could find it).

Then again, I agree it could make for a nice RPG setting. I particularly like the idea of warp travel being rendered inoperative in some areas of space. Plenty of potential in that one.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett