Thread: Prime Directive D20 Group

Prime Directive D20 Group

Just picked up all the available books for this system. Still don't know for sure if I'm going to use part of it to run canonical TOS campaign, or just swallow some of the silliness and do a Star Fleet Battles universe game instead.
    In any event, since there wasn't much in the way of online support--and I wanted someplace to park my notes, hooks, npc's etc.--I started a Yahoo Group for Prime Directive D20.
    The Gurps and First Edition guys can go make their own Group.
    If anyone's interested in tinkering with this system, come on over to the Dark Sid...I mean the PD20 Group!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...?yguid=5273389

I just applied to join. I know one of my ideas I wanted to try was a Knizti officer on a FED star ship. (hey, someone has to fill the Spock/Data/Worf/7 of 9/T'Pol role!)

Sounds cool. With the previous Kzinti-Federation wars, he could easily have been a youngling who got left behind when one of the occupied worlds was liberated and was raised by Federation foster parents (the Worf option).

Alternately, you could also have him being a full Kzinti warrior who backed the wrong side in one of the Tiggers' internal power struggles/feuds. Much to his disgust and shame, he's been forced to offer his services to Star Fleet since they are the only ones that would have him. He still has his pride (giggle) and wants to act as a warrior, even if not for his own kind.

Or, howzerbout a Kzinti POW freed by a Federation covert op. He's been declared "dead" back home and due to Kzinti cultural customs he can't just pop up and say, "not dead!" and get his life back. Partly out of gratitude and partly out of necessity, he opts to stay with his rescuers.

or there's the shhhhneeeky double agent option, where you have a loyal intelligence operative of the Hegemony who is posing as one of the above in order to steal Federation military secrets!

All kinds of possibilities! Sounds like fun indeedy. Let me know what you come up with, or better yet, post it on the Group!

I had two ideas for him (you've expanded on that): One where he has been raised around humans (maybe he is the son of political refugees), or perhaps he is a officer exchange/ attache assigned to the characters ship. This could lead to a neat plot where he must go against his people to help his friends.

He could be an alien masquerading as a Kzinti to learn more about humans.

EDIT: Kzint? Kzin?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I actually had a Kzinti junior officer on my ship, fresh out of the Academy. Of course, this was post ST:VI, so it's quite some time after TOS.

Fleshed him out a bit... at some point during the late TOS/Early Movie Era, a Starfleet vessel helped out a small Kzinti colony in distress. One young impressionable cub (kitten?), who probably would have been killed by his own siblings before long, actually, was impressed by this enough to sneak offworld, and eventually get enlisted. He later managed to get posted to the same ship where the man who led the Starfleet away team to his world was then stationed, and now that officer is his mentor, as it were.

Hissrowalurr is extremely docile, for a Kzinti (which still means scary as **** to the rest of us). His real gift is in cryptography.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I just applied. I look forward to seeing whats available.