Thread: Heading out....

Post Heading out....

Just a post to let anyone who cares know that I'm going to be out of the loop for a week... I fly out tomorrow morning for National Guard HQ in Arlington, VA.

My little trip is obviously military-directed but I expect I'll be more comfortable and have more fun than Brad... but, having spent 6 months in Saudi Arabia and Iraq in a tank during all the excitement ten years ago, I know that I could have more fun in my closet with one shoe and a wire hanger than he will be having in the Gulf (esp aboard ship).

Anyway, see ya'all when I get back.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

<<my time is just ducky, am in Rome right now, my ship is tied up in a port I cannot even spell so don't ask me....see you guys later

Originally posted by calguard66:
    Just a post to let anyone who cares know that I'm going to be out of the loop for a week... I fly out tomorrow morning for National Guard HQ in Arlington, VA.
    Aw Chirst! I hit this message too late (probably), but if you hit this message while still in the Arlington area, drop me an Email! I'll buy the first round!

[If you don't mind drinking with a former doggy, that is.]

BTW, where are you? HQMC?

[This message has been edited by Dave Biggins (edited 02-02-2001).]

Dave- Sorry, didn't see your reply until I got back (they keep promising me a laptop... oh well).

My daily place of duty is STARC-CA... essentially, HQ California Army National Guard, in Sacramento.

Quarterly, various IMPORTANT PEOPLE make pilgimages out to Arlington, to the National Guard Readiness Center, our own little mini-Pentagon, to coordinate for funding (read: beg, bite, pull hair) and other issues.

I'm not one of the IMPORTANT PEOPLE myself, but my boss is... so I get to tag along and deal with issues that are below his horizon.

Lastly, I really don't drink anymore... but I'd love to raid your bookshelf for any unpublished scenarios you might have... and I'll drink coffee and chat with anyone.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain