Thread: Ordeal on Gamma Elster IV

Ordeal on Gamma Elster IV

The free Decipher STRPG adventure, Ordeal on Gamma Elster IV, which was included in the Quick Start guide, references a station map & even has a key for the map, but no map was included in the download.

Does anyone know if a map was inadvertently left out or whether a map of this station is available?

Also: What's with the lame-ass beginning?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Jem'hadar
    The free Decipher STRPG adventure, Ordeal on Gamma Elster IV, which was included in the Quick Start guide, references a station map & even has a key for the map, but no map was included in the download.

Does anyone know if a map was inadvertently left out or whether a map of this station is available?
    I asked about the map ages ago. Apparently there was one with the dead trees copy for conventions but the electronic copy is missing. There was word of inquirying at decipher, but we all what happens with that black hole stuff.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King

It was designed to be used at conventions.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

So it seems the map was only included in the paper copy that was at an old convention & never made it to the pdf version. It seems that paper copies are no longer available.

That's too bad. I guess I'll have to find a map of some station similar in size & use that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant
    It was designed to be used at conventions.
    There couldn't have been, like, a cave-in when they were checking underground generators or something?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    What moron gives a pacifist doctor with no Energy Weapons skill a fully-armed phaser? Don't get me started on how bad portions of this adventure were....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant
    I asked about the map ages ago. Apparently there was one with the dead trees copy for conventions but the electronic copy is missing. There was word of inquirying at decipher, but we all what happens with that black hole stuff.
    I think I mentioned this to Dec no less than 10 times, and never got a peep out of them.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    What moron gives a pacifist doctor with no Energy Weapons skill a fully-armed phaser? Don't get me started on how bad portions of this adventure were....
    I'd imagine it's standard issue in dangerous situations.

I'm not sure I like the pregens either. Why a Human, Klingon and Bajoran? The spread of exchange officers just seems a little weird for a Starfleet-centric episode. Why not Human, Human and Vulcan? Or even Human, Bajoran, Bolian?