Thread: Question: what's it worth?

Question: what's it worth?

One unopened, mint condition TOS LUG Trek rulebook with a shallow cut in the cover from when they opened the shipping box. Please tell me what my treasure is realistically worth. US $ preferred if you can translate to that currency.
    Last edited by Alex; 03-03-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Check ebay for current and recent sales on the book. I imagine it'll sell upwards of $15 to $20, depending.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    One unopened, mint condition LUG Trek rulebook with a shallow cut in the cover from when they opened the shipping box. Please tell me what my treasure is realistically worth. US $ preferred if you can translate to that currency.

Unfortunately the shallow cut does mean that you cannot accurately describe it as 'Mint'...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

15 - 20 US, to a gamer
    - LUGTrekGM

I just bought the Next Generation Core Rules on eBay for £1.99 + postage (£4.75) - so it's not going to make you rich, sorry

Crow

PS - absolutely LOVING the ICON system, btw!

Welcome to the fold, scarecrow.

I think of it as an easier to use, GURPS lite, myself.

All of my old FASA crew much prefer the LUG version, now, since i've introduced it.
    - LUGTrekGM

I find it very similar (particularly in cinematic lightness) to WEG's Star Wars D6 system - and that only increases my love for it

Crow

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I find it very similar (particularly in cinematic lightness) to WEG's Star Wars D6 system - and that only increases my love for it
    Yes! That's it, absolutely! And therefore it's a shame that LUG was munched and crushed and dumped and killed and driven out of business. Argh! If I could ever earn enough money to get the old crew back together and pay them all for at least finishing their work...but alas! Life moves on.
    It was such a lovley little gamesystem so damed suitable for what it was doing.

Crow
    Except for chargen, unfortunately...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Crow
    If you like West End's (actually Chasoium's) D6 system, you might want to check out EABA. It uses something similar to, but with a "best 3" approach similar to ICON's best die approach. And there is a lite version for free.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Except for chargen, unfortunately...

Yeah. That was always the big pain. Having a skill overlap and not being able to keep it. THat ois one thing CODA improved upon. I wonder if we could just use the point cost scale and add the skills that way? Then either round down the remainder or give it out as XP at the end of generation.

I think if we just just alterend some of the 1 (2) skills to get specialty @(+1) it would work. Or Even specialty @(+2). Level 0 skills were introduced in Academy, so it might work.

I just got another copy of DS9 Corebook for .99 + shipping via e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    I think if we just just alterend some of the 1 (2) skills to get specialty @(+1) it would work. Or Even specialty @(+2). Level 0 skills were introduced in Academy, so it might work.
    Yeah, that'd work fine. It's kind of bizarre that they didn't do that off the bat–you'd think it'd occur to someone while writing that damn 'how to do math ICON style' sidebar.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I never realized it but I didn't specify. My book is the TOS manual. Since LUG did versions for each series (ugh) some may be of more value or interest than others.