Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Birthday, Don!

Sorry for being late, but nonetheless I wish you all the best for your birthday!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

As with those others who have been...just a little bit late, I pass on all best wishes and hope that things are going nothing but excellent on your end, Don.

Happy Birthday, Don. Hope you're allright out there
    I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig.
    You get dirty and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

Best wishes on your birthday, Don. Many happy returns.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

Hi all! I received my annual "Happy Birthday" reminder from the site which is always something like having an old girlfriend that you've drifted away from dropping you a line. It' a bit...weird.

I didn't respond last year for whatever reason but I thought I'ld do so this time. Mostly just give everyone a quick shout out and say "HI!" and hope that you all--and the site--are doing great!

As for me. Well, I don't much like talking about me, which is why I recently recorded a 3 hour podcast interview. You can go off and listen to it here. The second version will go quite a bit into Trek and the licensed properties I've worked on over the years.

We spend a good amount of time talking about a free RPG that I've just released: Mass Effect Fate RPG. If you like Mass Effect you'll probably like it it. If you also like Fate then you'll probably love it. It's done in what I believe is a professional manner so for free it's a pretty sweet deal.

Other than that I spent my birthday at the Salt Lake Comic Con, which I missed last year. I don't like it as much as gaming conventions like Origins or Gen Con but it does have the benefit that I only take a single train downtown to visit!

Aside from that, you can read me semi-reguarlly at Gnome Stew where I am a contributor. We just won our...sixth (?) ENnie and picked up "Accessory of the Year" two years ago. So must be doing something right. I'm only a small part of the success of that wheel.

And that's about it. I don't actively solicit work so anything that I stumble into is kind of my metric for the now. Doubt that will change; life is hectic, but for the right project, who knows?

And I got to play in a year-long Star Trek campaign about two years ago, so was pretty thrilled to do that!

Don, signing off!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Nice to see you drop by, Don.

You are and shall always be...welcome here
    I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig.
    You get dirty and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw