Thread: Removed Thread

Removed Thread

You may have notice that I removed a near-politcal thread of a recent topic. I did this on request of the threadstarter since a battle broke out, which was not his intention.
    Please respect that and the "political" rules.
    Best Regards, though.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

"Battle"?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

????

Wow . . . I need to check around more often . . . did I miss something?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Damn, I missed the fight *puts popcorn away*

I do come here often, and I'm not sure what I missed hehe
    Ta Muchly

If i recall correctly it must be the 9/11 thread.

I agree with Evan

For all the tragedy involved it is by the very nature a political subject and best be moved to the appropriate forum.
    Before someone really disagrees and someone gets hurt
    "Space may be the Final Frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement"

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication"

"per aspera ad astra"

Seneca

Yeah I figured as much. I saw that thread and avoided it! People have strong feelings about it and have got pretty angry, upset and argumentative. I've seen too many explosions over it in the past to avoid it like the plague!
    Ta Muchly

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Yeah, I felt I was slapped down excessively hard by another poster just for trying to write a positive message to Tomcat. If this is what goes on regularly in Sarek's Lounge, I'm glad I don't subscribe to it.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Hey Sea Tyger,

Yea I liked your posted reply.

Needless to say, the thread started to devolve into something that I didn't want - although I guess I'd be naive to think it wouldn't. But that was not its intent, I just wanted to salute my flag on a bad day, recognize our fallen, and thank people such as your self who serve in protecting this country.

Anyway, I asked Evan to remove it so that it didn't get ugly - that is not why we come here.

Tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

You guys have weird definitions of ugly.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

OK, before it gets ugly in here as well, I close this thread. Was meant as an information anyway and not really for discussion.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11