Thread: Rip Fasa.

Unhappy Rip Fasa.

I was originally going to post this in the "Other Roleplaying Systems" thread, but decided that more people who would WANT to see it would do so here...

FASA shuts its doors for good.

Thanks for the great games, guys. Ya done good.

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

I7m sorry to see them go. There are not many of the old RPG companies from the 70s and 80s left. It seems as if things are boiling down to three or four big companies that publish most of the RPG products, plus a buch of indies.

I wonder where they're workin' now...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Dang, I'm NEVER gonna get my "Shadows of Latin America." am I?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    I wonder where they're workin' now...
    FASA7s website mentions that people have been going over to Microsofts' games division. I guess Microsoft bought out FASA awhile back. It looks like the big fish are coming around and eating up the little fish.

This article is just referring to the computer gaming studio segment that was sold to Microsoft many years ago. FASA Studios has been a separate entity from FASA since that time. FASA itself still exists, though only as a shell. Other than Jordan Weisman who founded WizKids (and as now left that as well), I haven't a clue where others are working, but hey, most of FASA's original game lines are still (or are back) in production under license. So while the company is moribund, its legacy lives on
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Cool, so it is still among the ranks of the undead RPG companies. Good.

I wonder why I am pleased with that?
    The last FASA product that I bought was probably BATTLEDROIDS (not TECH), or a FASA TREK product, so it's been a looong while since I bought from FASA anyway. Still....glad they continue to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Cool, so it is still among the ranks of the undead RPG companies. Good.

I wonder why I am pleased with that?
    The last FASA product that I bought was probably BATTLEDROIDS (not TECH), or a FASA TREK product, so it's been a looong while since I bought from FASA anyway. Still....glad they continue to exist.
    That was long ago, long before Lucasfilm threatened to sue FASA for using their trademark "Droids" in the now-popular BattleTech product.

I didn't hit puberty (or is it the other way around?) back then.

I'm guessing since Microsoft struck rich with HALO they don't need to make more MechWarrior game. Sad. I relate to Davion more than Master Chief.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer