Thread: Converting some CODA rules to ICON

Converting some CODA rules to ICON

ICON is a great system but it lacks some of the finer rules that the CODA system offers. Has somebody made conversions for some CODA rules (see below), or do they excist already for the ICON system (I do not have all books yet). Here is a list of the rules that I thinck should be covered to the ICON system. I'm giving it a try but is is not a easy task, because I do not know ICON that good. So I'm hoping to get some help from the more experienced persones on these boards. And if they are finished I (or we) can send them to Memory Icon site so that every body can download them.

-Fatigue (Players and Narrator's Guide)
    -Target motion modifiers for ranged combat (makes Ranged combat a little less deadly)
    -Hazards of Gravity (Worlds PDF handbook)
    -Hazards of Climate (Worlds PDF handbook)
    -Surviving in Extreme Temperatures (Worlds PDF handbook)
    -Atmospheric Pressure (Worlds PDF handbook)
    Ardet Nec Consumitur' / Burns but doesn't decay / Brandt maar vergaat niet.

After converting these rules I was thincking of converting some of the medication of the Operations guide that are not covered in the ICON's Next Generation Player guide.

I'm sure somewhere here there is a Extreme Temp/Climate House Rule for ICON. I can't find it in my notes, and the forums search didn't turn up anything either but I'm sure I've seen it.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Redwood397 Wrote:
    I'm sure somewhere here there is a Extreme Temp/Climate House Rule for ICON. I can't find it in my notes, and the forums search didn't turn up anything either but I'm sure I've seen it.
    Thanks for looking them up, but if you find them let me know.
    The only mentioning I found on the enviroment rules where in the "The enemy you know" adventure from the Planetary adventures book.

Here is my first go at the Fatigue rules, tel me what you think of them.

First I use a new skill called Endurance.

ENDURANCE:
    Use this skill to resist the effects of fatigue, or hold your breath a little longer.
    Routine: Resist relaxed activity, stay awake one hour longer, hold your breath 1 round longer.
    Moderate: Resist standard activity, stay awake 2 hours longer, hold your breath 2 rounds longer.
    Challenging: Resist demanding activity, stay awake 3 hours longer, hold your breath 3 rounds longer.
    Difficult: Resist Extreme activity, stay awake 4 hours longer, hold your breath 4 rounds longer.
    Nearly Impossible: stay awake 5 hours longer, hold your breath 5 rounds longer.
    Specialization: Physical activity, stay awake, hold breath.

LEVEL OF ACTIVITY: DIFFICULTY: BASE TIME: INTERVAL:
    Relaxed Routine (4) 4 hours 2 hours
    Standard Moderate (7) 2 hours 1 hour
    Demanding Challenging (10) 1 hour 30 minutes
    Extreme Difficult (13) 10 min 5 minutes

FATIGUE LEVEL: PENALTY:
    Energetic None
    Winded +1 difficulty to all tests (or -1 to initiative tests, dodge, or parry rolls)
    Tired +2 difficulty to all tests (or -2 to initiative tests, dodge, or parry rolls)
    Fatigued +3 difficulty to all tests (or -3 to initiative tests, dodge, or parry rolls)
    Exhausted +4 difficulty to all tests (or -1 to initiative tests, dodge, or parry rolls)
    Collapse The character collapses from exhaustion; no test possible

A character makes an Endurance skill test (modified by his Vitality Edge) to resist Fatigue. This test is performed a fist time after the Base Time of the level of activity, and then repeated every time after the Interval Time.

A character can stay awake and active for a number of hours equal to his 16 + Fitness + Vitality without suffering from Fatigue.
    Beyond this point the character makes an Endurance skill test every hour to avoid accumulating fatigue.

Here is my go at the Hazards of Climate rules. Again all comment is more than welcome.

Hazards of Climate
    Exposed to Vulcan's searing deserts, a Human quickly dehydrates and tires. On Andoria, the freezing snows bring frostbite.
    Humanoids can often survive in a wide range of climes, but very few species can survive in all conditions.
    Typically, characters in very hot or very cold climes suffer fatigue more rapidly than normal. Heat leads to exhaustion,
    heat stroke, prostration, loss of body fluids, and eventually to delirium and death. Cold causes freezing of flesh, muscular
    coordination problems, desiccation of soft tissues and eventually unconsciousness and death.
    Most humanoid species have a comfortable “temperature window” and can function normally within certain ranges. It's not
    generally necessary to calculate an exact temperature; all that's necessary is for the Narrator to determine where the temperature
    window lies for a given character. (In temperate-zone Humans, the comfort zone runs between roughly 15 and 30
    degrees Centigrade, although warm or well-insulated clothing can extend the comfort zone considerably.) Characters exposed
    to higher or lower temperatures can suffer from accelerated fatigue and even injury, as shown on the accompanying table.
    The average Human temperature gradient is about 10 degrees Centigrade: an unprotected temperate-zone Human begins
    suffering “cool” effects at 5 “cold” effects at -5, and so forth. Many factors can affect these numbers: use the 10-degree
    increment as a first rule of thumb. As the table shows, a character in very hot or very cold weather suffers from accelerated fatigue as well as the possibility of damage. In scorching or frigid climes, a character can quickly be incapacitated by the frequent fatigue rolls and accompanying damage. Increases in exertion level make fatigue tests more frequent and difficult—in cool or warm weather, relaxed exertion becomes standard instead. Damage occurs each time a fatigue test comes up, if the temperature so indicates. A successful Endurance test to resist the exertion also cuts this damage in half (rounded down), so you'll still eventually succumb to very high temperatures. The characters resistance does not apply against damage from Cold or Heat damage.

RELATIVE TEMPERATURE: EXERTION: DAMAGE:
    Frigid +3 to exertion level 1D6 Points each fatigue test
    Cold +2 to exertion level 1 point each fatigue test
    Cool +1 to exertion level -
    Comfortable Normal -
    Warm +1 to exertion level -
    Hot +2 to exertion level 1 point each fatigue test
    Scorching +3 to exertion level 1D6 Points each fatigue test

Are there other persones on these boards who made similar conversions?