Ok I know this a star trek site, but I i know a few A & A players are here as well and i wanted your input on this Idea. I know that this will slow the game a little and works best with A & A Europe and Pacific.

I thought this would better simulate the hard fought and drawn out battles of the war such as Stallingrad, Gudacannel (Sp?) and Italy

Contested Territories

Once per player turn the player may chose to create a contested territory where Combat does not have to resolve in either the attacker or defender being totally destroyed or forced to retreat. Once Declared place the contested marker in the territory. Contested territories can be declared at any point during a Combat turn.

To create such a territory
- The forces present must be at a 1 - 1 ratio, excluding air units which are not based in that territory.
- both players my chose to continue the contested territory status from turn to turn as long as a 1 - 1 ratio is maintain or initiate further attacks.
- Both sides my freely re-enforce there units during the strategic movement phase of the turn.
- Island Territories (Except the home Islands of Japan) and Sea Zones are not allowed to be declared as contested.

Input sought and appricated