Thread: Whatever happened to the Organians?

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Whatever happened to the Organians?

I was going through some old FASA Star Trek RPG stuff, and thought that I'd update "A Doomsday Like Any Other" and "The Strider Incident". And got to wondering as I was reading through "The Strider Incident", it mentioned that the ships weren't destroyed as they crossed the Neutral Zone by the Organians. So what happened to them? We don't hear much about them after the original series. Anyone have any official answers?
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Nope. One presumes they found continuing interference 'too distasteful.'
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well, in the FASA setting, they simply vanished for no readily apparent reason around the time of the Wrath of Khan (it gets a mention in the movie sourcebook updates).

As for canon Trek, it's never explained. It's possible that they decided the Khitomer Accords fulfilled their prediction so they didn't need to enforce things anymore.

Alternatively, their power was never as great as they claimed and they could only control territory close to Organia.

I'd guess you could come up with any solution you wanted!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Well, if they stayed in the 'lower planes' ie the physical universe, they might still be watching and making sure us lesser evolved beings play nice. (and if they are, why didn't they stop the short FED vs. Klingon war before the Dominion War?). Or maybe they have, as the B5 guys say, moved "Beyond the Rim".

Or maybe they, the Q, the Dowd, Trelyene's people, the Prophets, the Pah Wraiths and the "God thing" from ST 5 are all involved in some gigantic, cosmic war that is uknown to all but a few mere mortals.

What? Marvel DOESN't make Trek comics anymore? Oh, then it's not that last one then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Or maybe they, the Q, the Dowd, Trelyene's people, the Prophets, the Pah Wraiths and the "God thing" from ST 5 are all involved in some gigantic, cosmic war that is uknown to all but a few mere mortals.
    That could be fun!

There's a set of Q novels that works on a similar process - it linked Q to Redjac, the God Thing (good name!), the hate-feeder from Day of the Dove and the Gorgan (and the Children shall Lead) and then gave an explanation for the Great and Galactic Barriers. Some good ideas, but I wasn't too impressed with the execution.
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagus View Post
    That could be fun!

There's a set of Q novels that works on a similar process - it linked Q to Redjac, the God Thing (good name!), the hate-feeder from Day of the Dove and the Gorgan (and the Children shall Lead) and then gave an explanation for the Great and Galactic Barriers. Some good ideas, but I wasn't too impressed with the execution.
    I remind that set, though I can't remind its name right now, nor the name of the author. I rather liked it, as well as some other work for this author (I think he also wrote novels during the Genesis War, though I haven't read them).
    There was some big battle in the book between all those cosmic entities which was rather fun to read.
    This idea of a cosmic war between all those incredibly powerful entities reminds me a bit of the Vampire : The Maskerade setting, where the players are usually pawns of pawns in some war between very ancient and powerful vampires (something that's always a bit dispiriting when you really think about it).
    But imagining the various powers in Trek and the godlike entities being akin to ants moving about their business in a battlefield is rather fun to consider.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Antonsb214 View Post
    So what happened to them? We don't hear much about them after the original series. Anyone have any official answers?
    < worf >

"We do not discuss it with outsiders."

< /worf >
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by C5 View Post
    This idea of a cosmic war between all those incredibly powerful entities reminds me a bit of the Vampire : The Maskerade setting, where the players are usually pawns of pawns in some war between very ancient and powerful vampires (something that's always a bit dispiriting when you really think about it).
    I was thinking about converting each of the Masquerade clans or their Antediluvians into Trek episodes, once...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Re: Organian's

There are several various theories as to what happened to the Organians, the first thing one needs to think about before looking at them is 1: in the episode they stop both fleets from firing by heating all the panels 2: they each have a specific role one sees into the future, when they focus their powers they enable Their spokeperson to appear to the ruling bodies of both species. 3: the Orgainian treaty did not acutally stop aggression just large scale conflicts and tried to promote economic and environmental paths for determining who got which worlds along the border. Now if we go with the SFB history they got fed up with the constant bickering of the alpha and beta quadrant powers and left to get the ISC to act as a peace keeping force by actively passifying the major powers.

Now in the 'canon' universe they just stop mentioning them its left to the authors of the movie novels to fill in the gaps, personally I go with them having moved onto another plane of existence but thats just me