As I have mentioned in another thread, I ran a campaign of Star Trek using the CODA system last summer. The game when very well and the players were very enthusiastic about continuing it. I am now at college and have put the game on hold for a while.

About the campaign...

The campaign starts in the first quarter of 2376. In my Trek, the Dominion War is over and the Federation is teetering on the edge. It has been greatly weakened by the war and has had to scramble a bit to defend its borders. The Federation relies strongly on its alliance with the Klingons as the alliance with the Romulans quickly fell apart after the war was over.

The characters are Starfleet officers (and one Klingon exchange member) assigned to the U.S.S. Krotus. This Ambassador-class ship, crewed with predominately Andorians, is patrolling the Triangle. The Triangle is an area of space bordered by the Federation, Romulan Star Empire and the Klingon Empire. Also, Starbase 234 plays a big role in the game as a base for the character's ship.

I have set up the game to have 12 adventures in an in-game year so that the players have a sense of time passing. 12 adventures also complete a season of Star Trek: Borderlands.

The first season of the campaign has been primarily missions from A Fragile Peace by Last Unicorn with some changes. For anyone that owns the book, the ship has been changed to the characters, and Starbase 39-Sierra to Starbase 234. Other than these changes, I have run the missions in the book pretty close to as written and it has gone very well. Converting NPCs from the book to CODA is also pretty easy I have found. I have been using the NPC rightups in the back of the Narrators Guide a lot for the less important ones however.

The only real problem I had was a mission called Marie Celestial I think. I believe the mission restricts the characters a lot in their actions and at times this made it a little frustating for all involved (myself included). The mission also relies heavily on a medical officer which none of the players are. Other than this mission however, the players are getting into the storyline with a surprising amount of excitment. The mid-season cliffhanger left the Krotus dead in space with the captain (NPC) on the brink of death and with the Romulans getting away with all they came for. This was a consequence of a mission in A Fragile Peace and I was worried about how the players would react but they thought it was awesome. They seem to have a real, "We are going to get those dirty Romulans!", mentality now.

I have run the first three missions from A Fragile Peace, one from UPF Planetary Adventures and two of my own devising. This season is leading the Federation, it seems, inevitably toward war with the Romulan Star Empire and the players do not know if the alliance with the Klingons will last. There have also been rumblings that Andor wishes to defect from the Federation. My players have been great and they cannot wait to see what happens next