Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Officers vs. Enlisted?????

It's just a bit of trivia mentioned in a radio show, so I think it was just meant as sort of a reward for him, being the founder of the U.S.A.

------------------
    'Who would have thought... A brave Ferengi!'
    Gowron, to Quark, son of Keldar.

Exclamation

Come to think of it, maybe the fact that the American president is supreme commander of the U.S. military forces coinsides with this...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Robbert Raets:
    Come to think of it, maybe the fact that the American president is supreme commander of the U.S. military forces coinsides with this...</font>
    Washington's rank was independant of his Presidency. The President of the United States, though Commander-in-Chief, does not hold military rank of any sort.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

To throw another monkey wrench in this discussion...in the Canadian military Warrant Officers (from lowest to highest are warrant officer, master warrant officer, and chief warrant officer) are senior NCOs and are not officers at all. Master and Chief Warrant Officer is the army and airforce are also addressed as Sir but don't rate a salute (although you better have your heels together when you talk to one of these gentlemen ).

Thumbs up

Hi Brad. I like the Canadian Warrant Officer set up a lot better than I like the US way.