Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where I've been...

Well, we had an orientation session with my medical team, and it looks like I'm in the health care system for the long haul. The good news is that my recovery has been "better than we could have hoped for" (my doctor's words) given the severity of my strokes, but given the success of my first gaming session in 6 months, I think I'm doing well. I sprung one of my long-prepared plot-lines on the PCs. (Bwah-hah-hah-HAH!) They say my ability to plan things out and initiate tasks has been affected, but it doesn't seem to have affected that aspect seriously, but if anyone says anything I can claim brain damage! So there!

Good news, Owen.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Good to hear things are improving for you Owen. Just think of all the spare time you have to come up with evil plots for the PC's hehehe.
    Ta Muchly

It's good to see you're alive and kicking, even if that means kicking your PCs a bit more than usual I think they are happy to have you

Good news, indeed, Mr. Oulton

Owen, keep up the good fight! Proud that you are fighting. The road to recovery is determination.

So tonight was a special "gourmet" supper, and I gotta say it lived up tp the adjective! We had filet mignon in a peppercorn sauce with a baked potato, and strawberry shortcake for desert. I wish all hospital food was that good! Tomorrow its back to the same flavour-free slop! (Actually, its no worse than when I was in the army...)

The worst thing about being in a wheelchair, aside from dealing with snowbanks, is the case of numb-bum you get at the end of the day. Oh well, I'm getting caugh6t up on watching DVDs - i'm half-way through 3:10 to Yuma with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. Great Western!

I really enjoyed my gaming session last month, and I'm looking forward to running more!

This is so good to hear! I am glad you are recovering so well, I hope it continues that way!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Well. I'm happy to be alive and (figuratively) kicking - they didn't expect me to make it (and I'm happy to have proven them wrong!). I'm going to be going out to my old land-lady's place to get my ICON books next week - I just have the DS9 CRB and TBG Players' Guide with me (the minimum needed to run a campaign). I'm getting used to having wheels instead of fully-functional legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I'm getting used to having wheels instead of fully-functional legs.
    Any chance of getting use of your legs back?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Not a lot of chance... I can stand OK, but anything beyond a couple of steps requires support. Far as I can tell, there's nothing physically wrong with the legs themselves, just brain damage from the strokes.

Not a lot of chance... I can stand OK, but anything beyond a couple of steps requires support. Far as I can tell, there's nothing physically wrong with the legs themselves, just brain damage from the strokes.
    The brain is an amazing organ, it has coping skills which, with all our modern technology and science, we are only starting to understand. Hopefully in time, with a bit of effort, you will regain your mobility.
    Keep us updated.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Or we'll clone you brand new ones. Who knows what wonders science may achieve!
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Here's hoping you continue to surprise your medical team.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Or we'll clone you brand new ones. Who knows what wonders science may achieve!
    Or cybernetic neural connections to work around the damage.

Owen of Borg!
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I had a spinal injury that was supposed to leave me para at one point. I said screw that, and worked my butt off and I walk almost completely normally. Don't give up yet.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."