Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I've been...

Where I've been...

OK,some of you may have noticed that I've been gone for the last three months. This was entirely unplanned. On July 27th, I had a heart attack. followed by stroke and pneumonia, and am suffering lingering after effects. I'm currently at the Elisabeth Bruyere Medical Centre learning how to wolk again. This is definitely less than fun.

If it helps, I noticed Owen. I guess your "excuse" is good enough Whew! I'll send some get-well mojo your direction.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    OK,some of you may have noticed that I've been gone for the last three months. This was entirely unplanned. On July 27th, I had a heart attack. followed by stroke and pneumonia, and am suffering lingering after effects. I'm currently at the Elisabeth Bruyere Medical Centre learning how to wolk again. This is definitely less than fun.
    Good thoughts and prayers go out to you, and hopes for a speedy and full recovery!

Joe

Oh man. My condolences and wishes for a quick recovery
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Yikes! Sorry to hear, Owen. Heal up, mate, and we'll see you back at your post on the bridge again soon.

Best wishes!

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Yeah we did notice. Man, what a run of bad luck to have, hopefully that's all 3 bad things out the way now. My best wishes, and I hope you have a fast recovery!
    Ta Muchly

Terrible news from the north old pard, glad things seem to be getting back in shape for you . . . keep the good work up but don't over due it you here.
    Draftsmen in Training

Whoa... hope you're doing better, man.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Get better soon, my friend. We noticed the quiet from your direction, but had no idea what had caused it.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Good luck on your recovery! I feel with you!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Owen, all the best from here as well.

I had wondered if we had managed to lose yet another long-time-member from the boards, but never have I thought, things would be that hard for you.

Get well soon. My thoughts are with you. We keep the place tidy and running til you'll be back!

That is a tough combination. Good to hear that you are getting better. Hope you will have a quick and complete recovery.

Yep. Quadruple bypass surgery is a bitch. Avoid it if you can. Learning to walk again is... interesting. You learn so many things that you took for granted, like how to keep your balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    OK,some of you may have noticed that I've been gone for the last three months. This was entirely unplanned.
    For crying out loud mate. If you managed all that without any planning, I would hate to see what you could do with some advanced notice. You could die or something.

In reality though, keep on trucking and get well soon, we dont want to see you in here unless you are feeling proper chipper, OK? Dont worry about us, we will manage.

BTW, you did put the GM hold music on for your players in your absence right?

http://www.sednagames.com/
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Hope you get better soon, Owen. There aren't too many on these boards who are older than I am. And few of them have your encyclopedic tendancies.

Seriously, though, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.