Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Where I've been...

Aw Hell

Just when I thought I would have the best excuse for not being around, Owen goes and beats me to it...

Owen, I understand what you are going thru first hand. My own heart attack was back the end of November.

Recovery is slow, but steady. Look at it this way, if gives you all sorts of time to work on RPG stuff, or so tell my group!!

Prayers, small animal sacrifices, good thought, etc to you on your recovery.

Best of all

Mark West
    USS Regulator NCC 73337

Glad to year your up and at 'em. When will you be returning to work?

Glad to see your back. . .lots going on in the ICON Forum.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Unfortunately, a return to work is not in the cards. My job involved climbing stairs and ladders to stock shelves, so that's out, since I can't walk withou support. Luckily, I'm on disability, so that's not a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Unfortunately, a return to work is not in the cards. My job involved climbing stairs and ladders to stock shelves, so that's out, since I can't walk withou support. Luckily, I'm on disability, so that's not a huge problem.
    MMI's gonna be okay?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Yep, MMI's doing well. John's been running it solo for the last couple of years. My involvement is pretty much peripheral, though I am working on a few things...

I'm sorry to hear about all of this Owen, but I am glad that you are recovering. Stay strong man!

Well, I got some bad news today. The damned catheter is going back in, as the muscles in my bladder are for all intents and purposes, dead. This means wearing a bag of pee on my leg. Oh, well, whatcha gonna do? Damn diabetes!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Well, I got some bad news today. The damned catheter is going back in, as the muscles in my bladder are for all intents and purposes, dead. This means wearing a bag of pee on my leg. Oh, well, whatcha gonna do? Damn diabetes!
    Uh, that's not nice. But don't let that drawback get down your high spirits. You sounded real good in your posts on these boards. Get better. My thoughts are with you, Owen.

Yes, hold on!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Ugh! That sounds awful!

Don't let it get you down though. There are always casualties of war, but at least you won this one!
    Ta Muchly

Wow, still trying to play catch-up here only to find this.

Been awhile, have things improved?

Best wishes mate.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Yeah, things continue to improve on the Physiotherapy front, but my bladder and bowels don't work properly. I've signed the papers to go into a nursing home. Luckily, this is all paid for by ODSP, a subject that promises to veer off into politically charged talk, so we'll just remind people that in Canada we're better off when we get sick.

EEEk political discussion *hides under quilt!*

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully you can get something resolved there :S Get well soon!
    Ta Muchly

Sorry to hear that Owen. Will this just be a temporary thing? Will you have access to the net to visit the boards?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Yeah. the nursing home thing is pretty much permanent, but that's not a bad thing. Most of the ones I toured are real nice, and I'll have access to the 24/7 health care I need. As long as I have a phone, I can access the 'Net- I'm using 295.ca. It's only 56k, but it's also only 3 bucks a month for unlimited time/bandwidth. The biggest problem is my "comfort allowance" is only $122 per month, but I can make that stretch. It's not like I haven't been short on money before, and I won't have to worry about meals. So I'm good.