Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The End Has Come

Hey , what if the graphic element was part of a progression of old era to new, with the ships laid out in the same manner. Say the older ships (ENT or TOS) moving down to TNG, DS9 and VOY? THe Background grpahic could start off with early era graphics and move on the match the series.

Or you could just use blueprints as backgroud. Make then a dim teal color or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
    Well, I don't know about what anyone ELSE wants to do.. but I'm going to start with CODA and work on 'updates' as needed for other game system material.
    Can we get a consesus for CODA 2.0 then? As long as everyone wahts to work with CODA that's fine. I just am concerned that some people will want CODA, some ICON, some FASA, some something else, and some wanting to start from scratch.

BTW, I think we should start a thread where we can hash out the things thet we might want to change. I can think of a couple of things. THe organization for one.The character creation chapter in CODA was a bit counterintuitive as it didn't walk you through the process the way most RPGs do.

I'd also like to see things like enlisted personnel covered in the main rules. We are going to need them, so lets have them there from the start.

I'd also prefer to toss out advancements., and go with getting a pick for every 200XP you spend.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Can we get a consesus for CODA 2.0 then? As long as everyone wahts to work with CODA that's fine. I just am concerned that some people will want CODA, some ICON, some FASA, some something else, and some wanting to start from scratch.

BTW, I think we should start a thread where we can hash out the things thet we might want to change. I can think of a couple of things. THe organization for one.The character creation chapter in CODA was a bit counterintuitive as it didn't walk you through the process the way most RPGs do.

I'd also like to see things like enlisted personnel covered in the main rules. We are going to need them, so lets have them there from the start.

I'd also prefer to toss out advancements., and go with getting a pick for every 200XP you spend.
    We're sort of discussing things regarding a 2.0 version of Coda over on the Star Trek RPG 2nd Edition thread on this forum, particularly the legalities of using another publisher's system and blasting it out over the net for free.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

You know, this wouldn't be a problem if Decipher just got those core book PDFs out...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    You know, this wouldn't be a problem if Decipher just got those core book PDFs out...
    Nor would it had been a problem if they had gotten the other books out. The Klingon book, a few other things and we probably wouldn have been set with all we needed and more.

Nor would it had been a problem if they had gotten the other books out. The Klingon book, a few other things and we probably wouldn have been set with all we needed and more.
    Yeah, but the inaccessible nature of the core books is the most annoying part. We're capable of churning out fan material all we want, but the reason we'd need a CODA 2.0, whatever we'd call it in the end, is to hand to the players who can't find a copy of the PG anywhere.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Yeah, but the inaccessible nature of the core books is the most annoying part. We're capable of churning out fan material all we want, but the reason we'd need a CODA 2.0, whatever we'd call it in the end, is to hand to the players who can't find a copy of the PG anywhere.
    Then Scan.

It will probably be as fast as trying to redo the CODA book.

Then Scan.

It will probably be as fast as trying to redo the CODA book.
    I don't need to–I grabbed a couple spare core books a while back : P

I don't need to–I grabbed a couple spare core books a while back : P
    I don't need to either. I have the books. I suspect very few people here don't own the books.

So maybe supporting the game we all own might be better than something new? I doubt there would be much flak for doing a Klingon book. Decipher woudln't have grounds, since they don't own the license, and Paramount has become more fan friendly. And probably will remain so as long as there isn't an offical RPG that we are crossing.

People do fan publications for dead games all the time.