Thread: Kzinti craft

Kzinti craft

I'm planning on running a campaign that encompasses the Fifth Man/Kzin War (2288 or so) and am stealing from everywhere I can. Does anyone know if there is anyplace on the net that:

1) Converts the Star Fleet Battles Kzinti ships to FASA

2) Has general stats on the Star Fleet Battles Kzinti ships (i.e. length, width, height, and crew)

I'm using the SFB ships as the Kzinti "Lost Fleet," an armada that disappeared at the end of the war and have been building up using old designs since the Fourth Man/Kzin War. However, I haven't been able to find general stats on the ships. I've made up some of my own game stats for the old-style laser, disruptor, and drone weaponry on the ships but I'd like to know if anyone else online has done anything.

Thanks.

Hmm, I wrote up the Kzinti (but not their ships) for a fanzine about twenty years ago. Unfortunately, there were only about a dozen copies printed and I lost mine after lending it to a friend

But, if anyone out there has a copy of Potent Brew? (I think it was issue 2).

I will have a scrabble around and see if I can find my notes, but don't hold your breath!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

I'd love to see the notes.

I'm using the old Dragon Magazine article, as well as numerous articles from online and etc. (and stealing ship designs from other sources such as Traveller: 2300) for some Kzin ships. The campaign is slow going but progressing.

Hi Max,

I'm really sorry I took so long to get back to you - you cn blame the babies

Unfortunately, the only thing I have left is the NPC stats for the Kzinti themselves. The ship notes are long gone, although as far as I can recall (after 20(!) years) they were based on the SFB vessels - so slightly weaker than Klingon vessels with extra drone launchers. You might need extra rules for those. Treat them as moderately primitive, with a tendency towards bludgeoning their way through problems and you shouldn't go too wrong.

It also looks like an early Dragon did an article on adding them - I'll see if I can dig it out from the CD.

Hope that helps!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Imagus

No problem. I already have the Dragon article - at least the one that set up the Kzin for the FASA game. I'm still trying to find out some dimensions for the SFB Kzin ships though.

Thanks.