Thread: Piper Returns To Who

Piper Returns To Who

Piper Returns To Who
    Billie Piper, who played Rose Tyler during the first two seasons of the BBC's revived Doctor Who series, will return for three episodes in season four, the BBC confirmed.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=45817

I'm not a big Dr Who fan, and didn't realize that she left the series, but the fact that she did, is disheartening.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

She did at the end of season 2, in very special circumstances (I mean, for her character).

Seeing her again could be nice, especially if we hear more about Rose's whereabouts (something I heard had been considered as a sequel for a time, but cancelled).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

So at the end of Season 4, we'll have Donna, Martha and rose. Makes me wonder if he's going to regenerate at the end of series 4 and the companion overkill is to help ease the audience into a new Doctor. They've done it before.

Will be interested to see how they manage to do this without devaluating her exit. Not that I'm in the least bit surprised by this, I figured as soon as they said she could never return we'd see her again.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Daniel Hunter View Post
    Will be interested to see how they manage to do this without devaluating her exit. Not that I'm in the least bit surprised by this, I figured as soon as they said she could never return we'd see her again.
    The best way for that IMO would be to have her feature in a flashback sequence, or involve a complicated time travel story. Hey after all they have not done a "The n Doctors" episode yet, and that would be fun (even if it has to include a few mind wipes).

Or she could appear in a "Doctor-light" episode, as they usually do once per season now.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I wish Eccleston didn't leave. Tennant is too damn young.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I wish Eccleston didn't leave. Tennant is too damn young.
    I think it was a bad idea to hire Eccleston for the part, considering that he was quite upfront about only doing it for a year.

I don't think Tennant is going to leave. He is a big fan, and is having a lot of fun.

What has been mentioned is that none of the three companions going to be around for the entire series.

Martha will only be around for a few episodes (she is joining Torchwood, the new follow up career for companions, now 3 of 3 in the new series).

Rose is only going to be around for something like a 3 part story, too.

The intesting thing ill be just who is with Tennant at the end of the season, since 2009 is going to be a short season in order to make time for the new movie. Piper is voming back so she can be in the movie.

Yeah if they handle it well it could be good, but yes, making it suddenly possible to meet Rose would damage the story integrity, for the end of series 2.. technically he is a timelord, so he could just go back to an old story, but they aren't supposed to meet older versions of himself
    Ta Muchly

Martha in Torchwood ? Poor character... underused during season 3 and now in a show which might have qualities, but that for me should not be called a Doctor Who spin-off (apart from the fact that I really can't manage to find it remotely likeable, but that's just me).

I don't quite know how time mechanics are supposed to work in the new show, but they were quite loose in the old one (I've lost count of how many times Skaro has been destroyed, for instance), so even if they have tightened them, there is still room for surprises.
    And hey, given what the Doctor is shown to be able to do at the end of Family of Blood, I would not think devising a new way to contact Rose would be entirely out of his reach...
    Terry Pratchett

Bring back Rose should be too tough for a show like Who. The only authoirty that claims that the parallel Earths are shut off is the Doctor. He's been wrong before.

All it would take would be some some of tech goodie from the alternate world Torchwood, or a left over of the device used by the Cybermen in the first place.

Or something completely different. There are just so many ways to slice it.

From what I've read on line, Rose is only going to appear in a few episodes, and probably only in the end episodes, since I believe she wants to be in the new Dr. Who movie.

Well, the return of Rose could hearld the coming of the CYBER-DALEKS (or dalekmen) coming out of the void.....you know that will happen sooner or later.

Or, they could rip off a Superman idea: Mongul, a Supes villian, attached a plant called a "Black Lotus" to big blue; the plant put you into a dreamlike coma where you got your dreams were real. In Ka-El's Krypton never broke-up, and he and a Kryptonian version of Lois lived happily.

Some one (the Master would be good for this...alas) could do something similar. The real fun would be do what they did when the did it for the Justice League Unlimited cartoon; start with the fantasy reality, then show the Dr.'s companions trying to wake him, while the villian gloats.