Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit I & II" in 2010/11!

Quote Originally Posted by spshu View Post
    An Unexpected Party Chat -- A chat regarding the Hobbit movies with Peter Jackson and the director that implies the second movie will take place as sort of prequel to LOTR like Ineti indicated.
    Old news. I hear they're in pre-production stage now and are calling up some of the principle actors from the LOTR films, including Ian McKellen and Viggo Mortensen.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

It'll probably involve the Necromancer of Mirkwood or something.

I kinda want a movie from the orcs' perspective.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by REG View Post
    Old news. I hear they're in pre-production stage now and are calling up some of the principle actors from the LOTR films, including Ian McKellen and Viggo Mortensen.
    REG, It was not confirmed. If it was old news, why did you not let us know? It is even older news that Ian McKellen is involved with the Hobbit as Gandalf once again.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by spshu View Post
    REG, It was not confirmed. If it was old news, why did you not let us know?
    I thought it was already mentioned.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Yeah it has to be said, I read these rumours all over, I can see how people thought it'd all been mentioned here before. I'm with Reg, I thought it had too LOL
    Ta Muchly

Anyone seen any news about the movies? The last I have heard is that Tolkien Estates has sued New Line, because they have not got paid for Lord of the Rings, and besides monetary compensations are they seeking to revoke the license to make The Hobbit.

Nothing on the movie, but a trial date is set for the lawsuit: October 19, 2009.

Still enough time for Tolkien Estate's lawyers to file an injunction order, effectively shutting down production of the new films.

The Hobbit films are tentatievly set for Decembers 2011 and 2012.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan