23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suck.

9 39.13%
  • Not Suck.

14 60.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Poll] Trek XI

As good as the casting is, I'm leaning toward "suck."

I disagree strongly you can't reboot Trek, but then the fandom for this particular show seems unable/unwilling to bend on anything. They hate the ship. Or they hate the cast. Or they don't like the take on Vulcans. Or they don't like there's no crappy '60s cardboard sets and velour shirts.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but it's precisely because it's a prequel that has to pander to nostalgia and canon-whingers that it will probably bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan van Eyk View Post
    Oh, I just realized that the same guys that wrote the "script" for Transformers are the ones that wrote Star Trek - which does not brighten up my sceptical views. I would really not like the whole continuity to break up, if maybe only because I invested so much time in Star Trek as it is.

Objectively it is funny to see me on the other side here, compared to BSG, where I am a fan of the new series and do not quite get, why the old ones complain.
    Just as long as the Enterprise doesn't start transforming into a giant crewed robot...

Actually.

As for BSG, its a shame people (Sea Tyger) doesn't watch it, because its a hell of a good show, and often far closer to the versions of Trek that occasionally get discussed around here, with Hard Sci-Fi qualities, decent ethical dilemmas, good political machinations, top drama and a defined distinction between navy and civilian.

Oh and they have marines for Red Shirts, although I am unclear as to just how many, there seem to be more than there should be.

Its really just a step away from some peoples campaigns these days.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    Oh and they have marines for Red Shirts, although I am unclear as to just how many, there seem to be more than there should be.
    Kinda like Voyager and shuttles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    Well, keep in mind that battlestars have crews in the thousands...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry