Thread: Connor Reboots Terminator

Connor Reboots Terminator

Connor Reboots Terminator
    James Middleton, a consulting producer on Fox's upcoming SF series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, told SCI FI Wire that the show will reboot the mythology and take it in a different direction from the hit movie franchise.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=46971

Terminator 4 Rumors Addressed
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=46970

If they're cutting a different path, a la Stand Alone Complex then this might have a lower suck factor than I was anticipating. Lena Headley and Summer Glau in skimpy clothing isn't gonna cut, much as it will be pleasing eye candy.

According to the article, the new Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series will definitely take a different path from T2 and T3. In the movies, Sarah dies but not in the in TV series. Thus the events in T2 & T3 did not occur in the TV series. Neither will the events in the upcoming T4 movie, which the other article states will be set in a post-apoc. setting, after the events in T3.

Okay, liked the show but a little confused. Robots are in a war with humanity and send one back in time to kill the leader of the resistance. . .and also send a robot back in time to protect him? It's a guess on my part that this was explained in one of the other two movies?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

redwood,

Did you see the first 2 Terminator movies upon which this new series is based? In the first one Skynet sends a Terminator (played by Arnold Scwharzenegger) back in time to kill Sarah Connor before John is born. The human resistance also sends Kyle Reese (a human) back in time to protect Sarah. Kyle (who is John's friend in the future) & Sarah fool around & Sarah gets pregnant w/ John, but Kyle is killed by the Terminator in battle.

In T2, Skynet tries again in a later period of time to kill John Connor & sends a new-improved Terminator made of liquid metal (T-1000). John Connor from the future, knowing this, sends back an old-model Terminator (played by Arnold Scwharzenegger) that the resistance had captured & reprogrammed to protect John in the past. In T2, Sarah Connor attempts to assassinate the man who created Skynet but couldn't do it when she learned he had a family & kids of his own. Instead Sarah, John & the friendly Terminator tell them what happens in the future & this guy agrees to help them destroy his work. In the process though the guy gets mortally wounded when the police try to take them down (thinking they're terrorists) & sacrifices himself to blow up the facility that would have created Skynet. Eventually they also manage to defeat the T-1000 Terminator but the good Terminator is also destroyed. So by the end of T2, Sarah thinks they may have managed to prevent the inevitable holocaust.

Some spoilers may follow:

The TV series shows that Sarah's assumptions were wrong & somehow Skynet still came into existence. So Skynet again tries to assassinate John Connor, now a teenager. But the human resistance has also sent a friendly cyborg to protect John & his mother, this one that looks like a petite young girl.

I thought the first episode wasn't bad although I can't say much for the acting skills of the woman playing Sarah Connor. I like the actress who played the "good Terminator" in general but I didn't think she pulled off the "I am a cyborg" act too well. The guy who played the bad Terminator was more believable. It will be interesting to see if in future episodes we see more than one Terminator assassin being sent to kill the Connors. One was almost impossible to stop, but how about two?

The next episode is on tonite on Fox.

Glau Is Advanced In Connor
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=47170
    Last edited by Jem'hadar; 01-14-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks, I only seen the first movie so that helps a lot.

I really liked the show so far, but I have a hard time acepting the actress playing Sarah O. as the mother of a 15 year old. Looks much too young in my opinion. I was thinking the gal that played Seven of Nine would have been a much better choice.
    Last edited by redwood973; 01-17-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Terminator 2 is worth renting, both in itself as a good sci-fi action movie & for further understanding of the background to the TV series. IMO T2 is my favorite of the 3 movies although the original Terminator is still a classic.

I couldn't agree more w/ your comment about who should have played Sarah Connor.

BTW, I thought the 2nd episode was much better than the first. It's interesting to see how the Connors adapt to life in 2007 after jumping there from 1999. How much the world has changed.