Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First picture of the Enterprise in Star Trek ( XI ) - Spoiler!

First picture of the Enterprise in Star Trek ( XI ) - Spoiler!

Hi,

just thought some might like to see this:

http://downloads.scifinews.de/file_68863.html ( click on the picture to get a larger view )

In case you are wondering, it is from a German site, but the picture is taken from the trailer, which should be available tomorrow. Regarding to a description of a trailer I read, the Enterprise will be constructed on Earth and not in orbit, which is also clearly visible on the above picture.

Concerning the view: I like to see the little details and to get a look into the ship. I also like that what we see here is very close to the original, if the rest stays in that direction as well, meaning correction of details, but not a complete overhaul, I think this could be really something... In fact I think this is the first good news we get about the new movie and I am beginning to feel a little exited here...
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I can also add a confirmed sighting of a certain brain eating Vulcan.

Or at least a make-up test.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

That actually looks pretty cool.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Haha that's just so.. yesterday

It's a cool shot, I can't wait to see the trailer!
    Ta Muchly

Star Trek XI movie teaser
    http://www.paramount.com/startrek/

There are Trek fans in the universe who haven't seen that trailer yet?
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    There are Trek fans in the universe who haven't seen that trailer yet?
    Yes, me for one. :-)

My PC at home cannot play videos anymore. Don't know what's wrong but I had to watch the trailer right now at the computer at my girlfriends. Wow, its cool

Just watched the teaser for the first time... A couple dudes welding. Half-built Enterprise. Nimoy voice over. *scratches head*

Sounds about right for the state of the Trek franchise!

I think I'll re-engage the cloaking device and wait for the film to hit theatres before passing further judgement.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

At this point, I would bet that the trailer doesn't appear in the movie in any form.

It's a metaphor. They're making the movie, hence it is "under construction."

That's my theory about the trailer, which is mine, it belongs to me. My theory. About the trailer. Is mine.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    At this point, I would bet that the trailer doesn't appear in the movie in any form.

It's a metaphor. They're making the movie, hence it is "under construction."

That's my theory about the trailer, which is mine, it belongs to me. My theory. About the trailer. Is mine.
    I guess it's your "precious"?
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

The lack of environmental suits while building a starship was a little disapointing, but then maybe this was just metaphor and won't show up in the movie.

I would, however, love to see some construction yard activity; see the goings on and what not (along with equipment/gear).
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    The lack of environmental suits while building a starship was a little disapointing, but then maybe this was just metaphor and won't show up in the movie.

I would, however, love to see some construction yard activity; see the goings on and what not (along with equipment/gear).
    Well it appears they are building the ship on the ground rather than in Space. I've heard that the scne was inspired by the fan produced picture that has the Enterprise being build at the Tennaco ship dock.

It's on Earth...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Going to be hard getting something that large into space. . .must not be part of the movie.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Going to be hard getting something that large into space. . .must not be part of the movie.
    Just strap some antigravity pods on it and float it up into space...