Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Talking

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Ah, nothing like taking a classic hero, and portraying him fighting against the "Evil" Americans! Oh, Hollywood, can't the antagonist be portrayed as anything else but caucasians, conservatives, and the military?

Interesting that he is in the warehouse of secrets though.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Couldn't have anything to do with rich white guys being threatening, no sir...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    Ah, nothing like taking a classic hero, and portraying him fighting against the "Evil" Americans! Oh, Hollywood, can't the antagonist be portrayed as anything else but caucasians, conservatives, and the military?

Well, considering that he went up against the Nazi's in two films and the cult of Kali in the middle film, I think you're off the mark.

Unless your statement about "Caucasian, conservative, military" was to defend the Nazis?

I'm not talking about the series in particular, but for Hollywood as a whole. I have seen, in more recent movies, where the antagonist are usually one of those three groups. Occasionally you will get an antagonist that are not within those three groups, but scripts with those antagonists are usuallys changed before they get shot, so the antagonist becomes one of those three. Example: Sum of all Fears
    These groups also carry the generic term: "The Man"

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post

Nah, nothing like it.

Based on the rumours and the russian lettering on the Indiana Jones LEGO (which seems to be the only source of plot spoiler), I think you will find that Indy is actually fighting someone else who might find an advantage in wearing US Army uniforms when infiltrating a US military facility at the height of the cold war...

Or. Perhaps you could get a grip and just wait for the film to come out before you pretend to know how ba or good it will be...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    Or. Perhaps you could get a grip and just wait for the film to come out before you pretend to know how ba or good it will be...
    Just calling it as I see it. But If new evidence comes to light, that these are only imposters, then I will calmly state that I was wrong given the new material presented to me. Until then I stand by my statement.

Before i try to steer us back to topic, I'm going to throw my 2 scents into the ring.

I too have noticed a move toward all bad guys being either A) White males or B) Non-human/post human types (aliens/zombies). I guess this is part of our global community, but it seems to make things kinda cliche.

Ok, trailer looks good; thought it was a fan produced one, till I saw some new stuff. Cool to see the 'Warehouse of Secrets'; anyone see the "Roswell box" in the clip (watch it again, keep an eye out for the 'femme fatale').

So, is Shia LaBouf Indy's kid, or just a young guy he meets: I've heard both, but the dialogue seem to point to the latter.

Explain the anti-conservative bias in... Training Day? Or Munich? What about shows like Mad Men or Rome?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I am so psyched about this movie. Can't wait!

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Explain the anti-conservative bias in... Training Day? Or Munich? What about shows like Mad Men or Rome?
    Since those are about other movies and not this movie, I would be more then happy to go into it within Sarek's.

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?p=168152#post168152
    Last edited by JALU3; 02-18-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Removing political discussions and pasting it into the correct forum.

Sigh...

*Sound of joy being sucked out of the room* Gees, I can see why people leave when everything gets turned into some sociopolitical and ethical debate. it's a movie, which you haven't even seen yet!

I have to admit I didn't like the opening to the trailer because they repainted Indy into something he was not, in the first half, and turned him into a whip-toting ninja octogenarian in the second part BUT I will definitely be going to see it - I loved the others too much not too!
    Ta Muchly

Go Indy!

Finally a movie I'm excited about seeing! Well, this and Iron Man.
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."