Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punching Out

Punching Out

Well, guys -- it's been fun. In general, this has been a decent place to pop in and get a few ideas or have a discussion on things, but the last few months there's been a decided drop in the civility. Mostly, we have one or two people who feel the need to go troll on others here.

I don't have time for that.

Keep gaming!

Hmm, well I'm sorry to see that you're not going to stay round because of a couple of well hmm ......

Hopefully you'll pop by, and maybe I'll see you round on SFM
    Ta Muchly

Ciao, bcq... take care. Can't blame you for going, there hasn't been much keeping me here either.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

What? I wish you well, although I think it is very sad, that you leave, especially since few people are left and still post.

Anyway, what did I miss? Considering that there are days when nobody posts at all, I think I should have catched any post that was "uncivil" - which I do not. Meaning: How could I miss that there is such a problem right now ( in fact I felt the tone improved lately ).
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Quote Originally Posted by Evan van Eyk View Post
    Anyway, what did I miss?
    That'd be the "Coda Star Trek 2nd Edition RPG (by us)" thread up in the CODA forum.

Man. I consider myself a Internet Combat Veteran, Extra Crispy Honors, but I wouldn't touch that one on orders.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I try to post when I can....sorry to see you go man
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Dude, it was two guys, one of which has walked away.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

To late......
    Ta Muchly

Out of interest, did any of you guys think about just Alerting the Mods rather than walking off?

I know I am not a mod in there, but we have a discussion board where we talk about proportionate response and the like, and nowt has shown up in there? And its not like we are absentee mods or like you dont know who we are?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Hmm point taken Dan, however it started off civil and rapidly heated up. The issue here isn't so much about moderation, though yes, maybe if a mod had stepped in, it might have cooled down but the bulk of the damage was done in a relatively short space of time, but because two members were having a personal war, but they didn't really get into TOS violation land, exactly, just more they sucked the air out of the room, and the joy.

Bad atmosphere is something which can poison forum life, and a lot more intangible than obvious flaming, or trolling. But then, that's why I left the political forum, that went much the same way.
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    Out of interest, did any of you guys think about just Alerting the Mods rather than walking off?

I know I am not a mod in there, but we have a discussion board where we talk about proportionate response and the like, and nowt has shown up in there? And its not like we are absentee mods or like you dont know who we are?
    I have to say the thought crossed my mind more than once, but there was not really much to report - apart from the fact that a friendly thread had devolved into an argument between two people - who remained in the bounds of civility, though loosely. And since no one (including me) had even tried to sort this out by diplomacy, I felt reporting the post might be premature.

I didn't realize it affected people so much. Or maybe is it a case of accumulation ?
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

It's all my fault. Im sorry to see you go BCQ.

Hope you come back once things have cooled down. It's a sad thing to see yet again another long time member leave this place

Please, reconsider...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    See you out in the Black, BCQ.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Stay, help make this the place it once was. Ask not what your forum can do for you, ask what you can do for your forum!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

After a Hiatus, I come back to one of the more conservative/libertarian members of the board deciding to walk away? Is the draw of Trek no longer enough, or are we to be dorment until the movie relights our collective flame?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One