Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Members

Post Female Members

Ok this is a thread referring to the how many active members thread.
    Could every female member (if any) just post here and say hello or something.
    We are curious how many female members we have here.

------------------

Cool

Hi!

For the record, the largest Trek RPG group I played with consisted of three women and two men. All of whom were at that time, single.

The largest RPG group I ever played in had some 20 people in it, and was divided almost equally between the men and the women (12 to 8, IIRC.)

Therefore, the following possibilities may apply:

1. There may just not me as many gaming-interested females in RQ's area as there were in mine. (Mind you, this was in college, where the creativity/intelligence level tends to be a bit higher than at your average high school.)

2. There may be females interested in gaming in RQ's area, but his paranoia and social malajustment makes it difficult to seek them out.

3. There may be females interested in gaming in RQ's area, and he CAN find them, but he makes the mistake of displaying to them the same personality he displays online, thus driving them into fits of nausea, ending the gaming prospects abruptly.

I play in a group of 6 consisting of 3 women and 3 men. I guess we're a regular gaming group:

1 telecommunications engineer
    1 registered nurse
    1 surgical technician
    1 stay at home'r
    1 restaurant manager
    1 call center supervisor.

We're 3 married couples, all in our late 20's or 30's. Saying no women play rpg games is absurd.

Originally posted by dimeboy99:
    Saying no women play rpg games is absurd.
    Exactly.

My former LUGTrek game consisted of a two and two split. One of the players was also a freelance game designer.

My current weekly game (a Dungeons and Dragons game) has four men and two women.

Then again RQ has stated previously that he does not play roleplaying games, nor does he intend to.

It's really hard to look at the usernames and determine a gender on the boards here.

Based on what I have seen, I imagine there are female users registered, but not as many males.

.Sal

------------------
    Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...it's probably Salinger." -Quack!

Thumbs up

We usually have one or two female players. We're a little light on them right now.

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Lightbulb

Umm...guys?

I believe that the original topic asked for female members to announce (introduce?) themselves here (just for curiosity, I guess), not how many female players you've had in your group...

Just thought I'd draw your attention to that fact...

------------------
    How do I set a Laser Printer to stun?

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited 03-07-2001).]

Crimson Duck or whatever his name is posted on here earlier that there were no women board regirstants because no women play rpg's. Looks like his post is now gone.

Wink

Hmmm...the Crimson Freak (I've already forgotten his name) seems to have gone. Bummer. I had this whole anatomny bit worked out.

Thank you for your comment Paul.Lets get back to the original topic please.At least we have one reply.But are there others.....?

Well thats one out of almost 1000. Who's not telling?

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Talking

We are seven (eight) players. I am the Narrator (m) and there are four feamle players and only three male. The boys are more for the action and the girls are more for the intelligent gameplay.

------------------
    www.StarTrek-AlphaSquad.de -
    "United they stand"

Smile

Hi.
    Not sure what else to say, except that most of the sci-fi/roleplaying club at my college is female.

Alison

Hmmm . . . I'm over here in SacState and I have an all male group . . . would be interested if females in our area who are interested in playing would like to say hi. But I have noticed less females at the local Gaming store than guys . . . cause it is a rather guy oriented market.

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

Smile

Hi,

There are two women in our ST:RPG group.

Mary Ann