Thread: Romero's Diary of the Dead

Romero's Diary of the Dead

George Romero’s Diary of the Dead Trailer
    http://www.quietearth.us/articles/20...-has-a-trailer

In the original Night of the Living Dead, it was suggested that a crashed satellite may have had something to do w/ the dead rising.

U.S. plans for falling satellite
    The U.S. military is developing contingency plans to deal with the possibility that a large spy satellite expected to fall to Earth in late February or early March could hit North America.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/29/dea....ap/index.html

So you never know....Be prepared.

My brother had me ship him the Zombie Survival Guide as entertainment reading while deployed. Well, maybe he was right to get it . . . and just in time for leave . . . to be able to use it .

Now I already have food and shelter stocked up for earthquake, fire, natural disaster sakes . . . I now need shotguns, shells, bollos, and a back up cricket wicket.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

If you like the Zombie Survival Guide, then read World War Z (also by the same author; Max Brooks). World War Z chroicles the history of a worldwide zombie outbreak from the memories of the survivors approx 10 years after.

The authors conceit is that all this is told by the Survivors to Max Brooks, who as the author of the joke Zombie Survival guide has become a worldwide academic authority on Zombies.

Interesting Fact; Max Brooks is the son of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

So, here we are, at the dawn of a zombie apocalypse.

And my last 3 girlfriends thought I was a nut for watching every zombie movie ever made!

LOL!
    Both of Brooks's books are great reads; WWZ is in development (by Brad Pitt's production company ) to be a major motion picture.

Also, Diary of the Dead will be very Coverfield-ish, as it is about a group of college film students who decided to document the rise of the dead.

Also in the pipeline for this year in zombie related movies is Day of the Dead, the long awaited (until you hear the plot) sequel to the remake of the Sequel of the movie that started the 'survival horror' genre.

Wow, that was a mouthful.!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Also, Diary of the Dead will be very Coverfield-ish, as it is about a group of college film students who decided to document the rise of the dead.p
    It should be pointed out that Romero had his Diary of the Dead idea & how it was to be filmed long before the Cloverfield movie was made public. Diary of the Dead was also shown at last year's Toronto Film Festival, just so there's no confusion that Romero got his idea of how to film Diary from Cloverfield.

Shaky-camera movies aren't new. Blair Witch, anyone?

Anyway, I've never been one for zombie movies, but I enjoyed "Marvel Zombies" and its attendant sequels.

Also, J. Michael Straczynski is writing the "World War Z" movie.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I'm trying to remember if i knew that JMS was writing WWZ.

I don't know how they are going to work it: the book is a collection of people telling their stories, which don't connect in the slightest. Buzz I've heard is that they are going to pick the best parts and make a single story.

I still think an ongoing series on one of the Cable networks (HBO, Showtime) would be a better route, but then I'm a fan.

Edit: Found this on another site...someone posted it, so I'm passing it on!
    http://wmbriggs.com/blog/2008/01/31/...g-study-shows/
    Last edited by Tricky; 02-01-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: funny (i hope) link

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    Also, J. Michael Straczynski is writing the "World War Z" movie.
    Urrrgh...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Urrrgh...
    I had the same thought.

Trailer for Romero's new movie looks great though.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Here is a clip from Diary's MySpace page:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=27698604

I've been hearing different things though: one site says it's in wide release, another says limited. One guy said 25 screens only!

It comes out next Friday, so I hope it's near me.

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    Shaky-camera movies aren't new. Blair Witch, anyone?
    Or Cannibal Holocaust (1980). Preceded Blair Witch Project by nearly 20 years. Just saying...
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Dead Not Blair Redux
    Diary of the Dead writer/director George A. Romero acknowledged to SCI FI Wire that some longtime Dead fans were not pleased initially when word spread that Romero planned to shoot the latest installment in his zombie oeuvre in the manner of The Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=48470

Extra! Extra! Genre fans artistically conservative, even with decades-old techniques! Read all about it!
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Dead Was Fun But Hard
    Geoge A. Romero told SCI FI Wire that his latest zombie film, Diary of the Dead, pokes fun at the mainstream media, comments on the Internet blogging phenomenon and also sends up horror movie cliches.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=48570

Romero Reveals Dream Projects
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=48490