Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheeseburger in a Can

Thumbs down Cheeseburger in a Can

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

That's... frightening.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Deary me, that sounds vile! Might be nice, who knows, i doubt we'll see it on shelves here to try it
    Ta Muchly

I can haz cheezeburger?

I haz cheezeburger can!
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Mmm. 6 dollar canned cheeseburger. Sign me the heck up.

"Guy, you have a last name."
    "Do I?! DO I?! For all you know, I'm 'Crewman Number Six'!"

My half-assed d20 Trek homebrew.

As others mentioned on the site linked above ... I think I'd rather buy a couple McShitter cheeseburgers and leave 'em in the car a week before eating them. Probably tastes the same.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

In C Rations they have Hamburger Buns, and Patties . . . those can be cooked, and kept. So it does suprise me that someone has tried to can the item all together. However for storage purposes, I can understand not placing condiments, toppings, and seperating the bread from the meat.

But it beats the age old ration standard of chipped beef and hard biscuit.

However, neither are as good as this gourmet wonder.
    Just avoid the "Vegetable Omlette"
    And I can't believe they pulled the good old Turkey and Gravy standard, which wasn't that bad . . . better then beef franks of death!

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

In C Rations they have Hamburger Buns, and Patties . . . those can be cooked, and kept.
    yeah and they are tasting very good!

But Cheeseburger in a can? brrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

I hate you, america.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I hate you, america.
    Um... The canned cheeseburger is German...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Considering the canned meats that are already out there, I suspect the canned cheeseburger is no worse than canned ham, deviled ham, or spam. And no better either.

Consdering all the chmeicals, sterods and other "processes" the mat goes through before it reaches the can, I think the damage was already done.

I bet, as others have mentioned, the "can" aspect of this food will be a full circle process.

It's like anything else, if it is breed right, treated well, and taken care of, you get better quality meat. Look at the treatment that Kobe Beef recieves!
    May I point you towards this King of the Hill episode. Who says that those on the environmentalist minded camp don't have something going for them!

However, with the usual aspects of quality, you usually have to pay more for it. Not that's a bad thing. Quality comes at a cost because it's more intentive of the needs of the future beef source.

But this is getting off the original topic.
    However, as you must be aware, most countries have increased the quality of their rations. Not that there isn't more room for improvement. Furthermore, there are some that they have removed from the menu list, which I liked, that others did not . . . but that is just personal taste.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Burke View Post
    Um... The canned cheeseburger is German...
    i hate you too, small portion of germany that invented it
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    However, with the usual aspects of quality, you usually have to pay more for it. Not that's a bad thing. Quality comes at a cost because it's more intentive of the needs of the future beef source.
    I suspect that the relatively lost cost of most food in the west is not reflective of the actual costs of growing and shipping it, and that the kind of expense associated with things like organic food (and fair trade goods, especially) are prices you'll be paying in the future...

However, a lot of products branded as organic or more 'natural' are likely just the new way to up the price to barely-discriminating suburbanites.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I suspect that the relatively lost cost of most food in the west is not reflective of the actual costs of growing and shipping it, and that the kind of expense associated with things like organic food (and fair trade goods, especially) are prices you'll be paying in the future...

However, a lot of products branded as organic or more 'natural' are likely just the new way to up the price to barely-discriminating suburbanites.
    I wouldn't put it past the marketers to put any reason to up the cost to the consumer . . . but then again, given the example I posted of Kobe beef, have you seen the way these cattle are pampered!?! To quote Hank: "These cows live better then some people!"