Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doomsday aftermath

Just to round things out, I think there might be (at worst) a Board of Inquiry to determine that the DM was, in fact, rendered useless before being abandoned by the Nautilus.

The board (if you decide to convene it) would lean heavily in the XO's favor because he was the man on the scene (and Starfleet understands and supports its people in the field) and because he avoided a larger diplomatic incident.

Heck, it might be no more than a team from the SCE coming out to interview the officers before going on to examine the wreck (assume the Rillians will allow it or because they have refused to allow an inspection).

One quibble, Tricky- these are the same Romulans who used a weapon of mass destruction on their own Senate and then attempted to deploy it against a Federation world.

There's doggone little loathing for a weapon of mass destruction in the Romulan Empire- provided, of course, that they're holding the trigger.

Actually, my whole WMD bit was about the FED wanting to look at it; there is alot of precident in Trek that even if you can find a good use from a bad thing, that good is tainted.

We all know most of the other stellar powers wouldn't bat an eyelash at deploying DM's against their enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by selek View Post
    There's doggone little loathing for a weapon of mass destruction in the Romulan Empire- provided, of course, that they're holding the trigger.
    Again, that probably is dependent on the individual. We've seen plenty of Romulans who would abhor the use of such a weapon, for both practical (it's not that powerful) and moral reasons (like the Commander, Jarok, etc...). And who knows what the Tal Shiar Chairman is in it for?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry