Thread: I just realized...

I just realized...

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Did you know that Interpol is in charge of the Mirror Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Norway has compulsory military service for men. Conscripts are drafted at age 18 for initial service (førstegangstjeneste) of between six to twelve months (Service may begin at age 17 with parental consent). After completion of the initial service period, personnel are transferred to reserve units, which may be called up for periodic training (repetisjonstjeneste) until age 44. Conscientious objectors serve twelve months in alternative civilian national service. If a candidate refuses to attend the assessment of fitness (sesjon), where any objections to future military service are to be stated, they are liable to prosecution. A person who is deemed fit for service and who is not a conscientious objector, but still refuses military service is also liable to prosecution. Changes to the structure of the armed forces has resulted in a lower demand for conscripts, and the number of males needing to serve is decreasing.
    Well, in that small detail Norway differs from the Federation.

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

They consider solitary confinement torture?

I consider it respite.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    They consider solitary confinement torture?

I consider it respite.
    I suppose it would depend on how long and how hetic your life is. Prolonged periods of isolation can lead to insanity, much like television. It just takes longer without the commercials.

But Finland is where I'd quite like to be.
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    I suppose it would depend on how long and how hetic your life is. Prolonged periods of isolation can lead to insanity, much like television. It just takes longer without the commercials.
    Well, I always said I'd be perfectly suited to long-duration solo spaceflight... if only I had the training to fly a rocket.

But then, I've always been very un-social, almost to the point of it being a pathology. Give me a renewable supply of books to read, and I could stay inside forever.

It's prolonged exposure to other people that drives me crazy.

Working with the public is kind of like immersion therapy for me. But I need a lot of "me" time afterwards.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    Give me a renewable supply of books to read, and I could stay inside forever.
    That's not solitary, just heavily mediated.

Heavily mediated, heavily medicated... at this point, I could use both.

Seriously. I got some kinda nasty virus. Got past my flu shot.