Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death of the Decipher Boards?

Death of the Decipher Boards?

Not that there was much activity there, but I think that Decipher has forgotten about its forums.

One that I can take off my list.
    Last edited by Tomcat; 02-11-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Like they forgot about everything else?

Decipher who?
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Man, I missed the Decipher Trek forums like a dozen iterations ago. Anyone remember The Buzz?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

What's up with that? ALL of their boards are down. Anyway we can 'regroup' here? And when's the next HoF due out?

Hall of Fire issue #49 is in limbo right now for no other reason than Issachar has disappeared and he has all the files.

Issue #50 is currently in my layout folder - we are trying to make a big extravaganza issue for being the 50th issue and also to say goodbye to the founders (GandalfOfBorg is retiring as have I). Not sure what will become of the zine after this - there are a couple of folks that have taken over as 'Editors' but I am not sure what's going on with them.

I have a feeling that I am going to continue to turn out something, if no one else does - it may be quarterly, but I'd like to see the zine carry forward.

Tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Yes please hold up the good thing. I can understand, why you guys have decided to step down, but I'm really sorry to see you go

Does anyone know what happened to the old boards? Why did they just go down?

I can only assume that since Decipher no longer has a license for Lord of the Rings, they probably do not want to use their server space to accomodate.

It could be too, that with the potential release of The Hobbit movies that there could be a new game, by a new company, and so TE requested that any Decipher affiliation be removed.

Lastly, looking at how well Decipher seems to have handled itself, they may be defunct and their website is a forgotten space. The revolution that they are advertising used to say March 2008, now it just says 2008. Who knows?

You can pick from any of the above or make up your own... either way, the boards are gone, although the game lives on through its players.

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

But ALL their boards are down, not just the LotR and Star Trek boards. Hm...oh well.

Their webmasters were eaten by grues.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well does anybody have any ideas who could pick up the Hobbit movies License? Please not mongoose!
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil View Post
    Well does anybody have any ideas who could pick up the Hobbit movies License? Please not mongoose!
    Why is everybody always against Mongoose picking up a Trek or LotR license? At least we would see product being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Why is everybody always against Mongoose picking up a Trek or LotR license? At least we would see product being produced.
    Okay point given, Cut. I am a little heart broken over Decipher fumble so close to the goal line.
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    We tend to have low opinions of Mongoose material.