Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Online Starship Record Sheets

New Online Starship Record Sheets

On a quest to make my Online RPG'ing as easy as possible, and as paper-lite as I can, I have added a Starship Record Sheet to my RPG Profiler. It is loosely based on the record sheet created by Killerwhale, so kudos go to him and his layout; although some of his expansion rules are not there or have been re-worded.

It is my ultimate goal to add a ship picture option as well, but I am still learning the many in's and out's of writing php.

I'd love any input... so go check it out at the following link:

U.S.S. Columbia

Tomcat

PS - I am still fine tuning it so it may change a little over the next hour.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I am not real crazy about the Operations Data layout but I am tired of looking at the screen. I will re-do it later.

Tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I like it. As well as the Character sheet that I have seen you use for your LotR chronicle. Are they available to use?

That's going to be pretty cool, but it's completely broken in Firefox! Had to boot up the hated IE to look at it properly
    Ta Muchly

I welcome anyone and everyone to go to the following link and create themselves a login name and password and generate as many characters as they would like.

RPG Profiler

The sheets available are:

CODA: Lord of the Rings (my design*)
    CODA: Star Trek (my design*)
    CODA: Starships (my design*)
    DnD 3.0 d20
    DnD 3.5 d20

There is also an un-updated new form for my own personal game called Darkhaven.

My designed sheets are set up so that they should print out a nice looking 3 page paper copy (make sure you set your margins to .25; sometimes the bottom margin needs to be set to .35 to .5 depending on your printer - just tweak it in the print preview).

* I make mention of this only so that if there are any questions, I am only sure about the coding of these three sheets - also feel free to report to me any bugs you might find.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    I like it. As well as the Character sheet that I have seen you use for your LotR chronicle. Are they available to use?
    Lastly, if you are talking about my PDF character sheet that I created as well, yes, everyone is welcome to download and use that too. It is available somewhere on this forum as well as the Hall of Fire website, under Miscellaneous.

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    That's going to be pretty cool, but it's completely broken in Firefox! Had to boot up the hated IE to look at it properly
    Yea Tobian, sorry... I designed it with Explorer in mind, although Mozilla was how the original designers started the Profiler.

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat
    I welcome anyone and everyone to go to the following link and create themselves a login name and password and generate as many characters as they would like.

RPG Profiler
    I tried that (even before you allowed me to ) but I couldn't complete the registration process. There was always an error, mentioning that the numbers/figures I should have entered didn't match. I know this as a anti spam precaution, but I honestly didn't see any other field to enter any figures in it, leave alone the figures themselves. Maybe I'm blind. Please help me

I just sent you a PM, Cut.

If you are having troubles with a Hall of Fire login, then that may be a while due to the site currently being under construction. I will keep you updated re: the HoF site's availibility, but if you were having difficulties at the Profiler site, I set you up... see the PM.

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

OOOHH!

I just realized the trouble you are having is with my forums Roleplay.avioc.org!

I am working on that now and will get back to you shortly!

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I'm sat up at your forums, just the Profiler site is giving me unsolvable (log out) trouble... But I'll be busy reading up on DarkHaven Thanks, Tomcat.

Hey Cut,

I talked to the guy who hosts my boards and he doesn't know why you would be having problems with auto-logging out of the Profiler. He too thinks it may be a cookies issues and suggested you clear your cookies once and then try again. If that doesn't work, it may be something to do with the proxies in AOL... I am a novice when it comes to knowing what that means.

If the cookies don't work, can you connect to the internet via different form of connection besides AOL to see if it stems from that? No matter what, I know that when I sign in under your name I am not having any logout problems.

Let me know if any of this works or not and I'll continue to research from my end.

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I'd love to get your input on Darkhaven as well...

Tomcat

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

I will try the cookie dump.

I'm not much into computers myself, but I'll try this and that and let you know what happened. If everything fails, delete the account, please. It will be some time, before I have access to another internet-capabable machine, as I can't figure out why my girlfriends computer won't go online anymore...

I'll get back to you with my oppinion on DarkHaven and will read up on Chronicles of the North. So few time to read and so much interesting stuff! You did well there!

I'm sorry, but the profiler thing doesn't work for me. I get logged out whenever I try to reach another category. Please delete my account. I thank you for your help and stay true to your forums and will divert some time to the studies of DarkHaven.

Hey, Tomcat, as I look for starship stuff, I notice that while you have the Columbia sheet here, there doesn't appear to be anyplace on the Profiler to actually enter a starship. Am I missing something? I'd like to put the starship sheet up on my support page as well as the character profiler, if in fact it's ready for prime-time.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support