Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed ICON changes

you mean 0.6:1?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    you mean 0.6:1?
    I think Tatterdemalion is a Vulcan.

RealPitty, anything yet on how CODA dealt with the issue of letting someone use a limited knowledge of systems operation taking over the helm of a starship? Kind of curious to see how that was dealt with, if it was.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    RealPity, there are a lot of specializations scattered throughout the ICON books that do not appear in the consolidated list of the books. They are in character write ups, Overlays and packages. I'm going through all the books again for the Consolidated Skills List I'm making, which will also include fan made skills.
    A while back I extended the list found on Owen's website with skills and advantages and disadvantages from fanbooks and also other icon books and even some fan based stuff. It is most definitly not complete but I can see if I can find it. If you want you can use it as a starting point.

Thanks guys, as far as skills, traits & species etc go I've pretty much copied all from fan-based sourcebooks or individual stuff posted and compiled master lists

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    RealPitty, anything yet on how CODA dealt with the issue of letting someone use a limited knowledge of systems operation taking over the helm of a starship? Kind of curious to see how that was dealt with, if it was.
    Sorry, nope. Slacking abit with real life and haven't the player's guide out yet

Yeah, tell me about real life. It's been a pain these last days. I need to get some serious sleep. Been lacking as of late. I noticed the other day while reviewing my conversions of the civilian overlays from the Andorian book that the ones in the book already are 36-point Overlays!

Oh well, maybe I can salvage them for release as general civilian overlays rather than Andorian being specific.

Ugh. Admiral, RealPity I wish I had known that sooner! LOL I've worn myself out going through countless threads searching for skills and specializations. I had pretty much given up, figuring my search-fu had taken me as far as it could. Right now I'm finishing up going through each of the LUG published books, the untaken works and the fan released supplements. Well, maybe we can put our three works together? Between the three of us we should be sure to have everything!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Skills during character creation

Liquidator Queeg (or anyone who can answer this question)

If I adopt the optional skills system, how does this effect things like in character generation when taking overlays and getting repeats of the same skill? Or do I just reduce the skill to it's point cost and apply it that way? How should the overlays reflect the change?