Thread: Whatever happened to...

Whatever happened to...

So I hadn't visited this site for a span of time roughtly... I don't know... '01ish to '04/5? And I noticed that the most conspicuous absence since then is the Styro/LNB pair. I don't really miss them per se–the only conversation with them I remember was shortly after 9/11–but having a bunch of ghost posts floating around is kind of weird.

So what's the story there? Did they both perish in a tragic flameout? What was with that damn fish, anyway?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Boy showing my age in remembering this I guess but Stryos post seemed to have made some here uncomfortable so he or they asked for a permenet band and asked for his post to be removed Liz followed suit shortly afterward.
    Draftsmen in Training

Well, I gathered something like that happened... but I was wondering what the actual story was. Anyone know about time it happened?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

They got banned while Don was in charge. When I took over, I reviewed all of the permanent bans and had Liz and Styro up for discussion on the moderator forum. The decisions was made that the ban would remain in effect. I might also add that I fully agree with Don's action during the current situation.

The removal of their posts was made by me, based on a request made from Styro's email account, with Liz name at the end of the email. I sent a confirmation request that I got a reply on, and replaced the 5000 messages they had together with the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Lundgren View Post
    They got banned while Don was in charge.
    ...Aaand?

I recall there was a significant degree of obnoxiousness spewed from and toward Styro-Liz. Mostly from. Hence the ban for violation of board policy. I know some here were opposed to the ban. I was not. Personally, I was never even convinced there were a Styro and a Liz.
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Yeah post-them, the forum was a lot less busy and several other members faded away, sadly. I was a lot more green back then so really I missed out on a lot of the high level gossip.

*stops self from saying more, publicly, in case it's not obvious*
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidator Queeg View Post
    I recall there was a significant degree of obnoxiousness spewed from and toward Styro-Liz. Mostly from. Hence the ban for violation of board policy. I know some here were opposed to the ban. I was not. Personally, I was never even convinced there were a Styro and a Liz.
    Me neither... I recall there being pictures sent around, but this is the internet : P

They did get banned from RPGnet later, too. Not surprising...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Me neither... I recall there being pictures sent around, but this is the internet : P
    I do remember some pics being sent around... which bore an uncanny resemblance to films I stumbled across much later on an... *ahem* grown-up site.

Which I suppose doesn't really prove anything either way, since there ARE people who do that.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    I do remember some pics being sent around... which bore an uncanny resemblance to films I stumbled across much later on an... *ahem* grown-up site.

Which I suppose doesn't really prove anything either way, since there ARE people who do that.
    Hmm... I don't recall them mentioning it, but it wouldn't seem out of place for them.

Although I searched for 'e-Liz' and this came up...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    They had admitted to me privately that they were lifting the Dawn's Place stills as part of their "game."

I don't doubt that Styro and Liz are a couple, but they certainly were strange birds (even though I was always on friendly terms with them).

But, then again, on the internet, nobody knows you're a dog. Either way, they've gone off to graze on different pastures and they aren't really missed.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger View Post
    They had admitted to me privately that they were lifting the Dawn's Place stills as part of their "game."
    Yeah, but once they admit that you can't really trust the rest of hat they say...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Yeah, but once they admit that you can't really trust the rest of hat they say...
    I'm not that cynical.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger View Post
    I'm not that cynical.
    It's fun and gets you all the chicks.

Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz