Thread: New Fan Resource

Always good to see some new work

Looking forward to it.

Is it up yet?

You guys will be the first to know.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Added current versions of Narrator's Guide and Narrator's Screen errata. Working on getting other book errata docs together as they get discovered.

Added a couple of K.G. Carlson's starships to the site. Still working on Starships of the Star Fleet Technical Manual in my copious unstructured free time. More as things become available.

Say, got a question for you guys regarding the organization of the site. Is there anything you'd change if you could? I was sitting around getting ready to split up some of the starships onto separate pages (by government, more or less), and I began to wonder if perhaps I should consider changing anything else around. Would you rearrange things if you were me?

Thanks for the input.

Just now, I like the things the way they are

I think it looks just fine the way it is.

Minor update; threw a new starship from K.G. Carlson up there. Also made a couple of organizational tweaks, though it shouldn't be any big deal for anybody.

Some more updates; haven't been keeping up like I should, but I've got a lot of irons in the fire.

The new shape of the site is starting, well, to take shape. I've started adding resources to the site according to what book they relate to -- things for (or mostly for) the Player's Guide, for instance, will find themselves in the Player's Guide section, and so on. This is ongoing, and not all of the books are represented yet. I'm getting there, though, so please be patient.

I've also gotten myself caught up, for the moment, with K.G. Carlson's starships (including one of my personal favorites from the FASA Romulan Ship Recognition Manual from back in the day.

As usual, the link to the site can be found in my signature. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.

I'm just glad someone other than me still has some love for the Nova. I mean, come on people, with that big ol' eagle on the dorsal hull, its like the trans-am of outer space! (Now, picture Burt Reynolds with pointy ears...)

Also, if I recall correctly,the Nova was the only FASA creation to make an appearance in the Star Trek comic books of the day, back when DC had the license and TNG was still in its infancy.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    I have been enjoying the old Fasa birds.

I do believe the Nova did make an appearance in the DC comics.

A few questions, Patrick.

Some ships seem to be missing the ability to 'click' them: unclickable ships are: Federation Baker-class destroyer, Lotus-Flower, Saladin and Samson...there are more. Am I doing something wrong?

Then I can't download the "All Starship resources ZIP". I get an 404 error message whenever I try. This is true for both my browsers: AOL and FireFox.

Not Found
    The requested URL /documents/starships_resources/starships/Starships_All.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at strpg.patrickgoodman.org Port 80
    And did I only sent you the Luna Class write-up? Never my CODA version of the Niagara-class found in the LUG Player's Guide?

I am not trying to nitpick here , just asking

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Some ships seem to be missing the ability to 'click' them: unclickable ships are: Federation Baker-class destroyer, Lotus-Flower, Saladin and Samson...there are more. Am I doing something wrong?
    If they're K.G. Carlson's ships, he provides two versions of each, one done with the Narrator's Guide and one done with Starships. Each ship should have a pair of links identifying book compatibility following the names; if they don't, let me know and I'll take a look.
    Then I can't download the "All Starship resources ZIP". I get an 404 error message whenever I try. This is true for both my browsers: AOL and FireFox.
    It's quite possible that, in one of my fits of reorganization, I broke that. Keep trying; one of these days the sucker ought to work again, but I'm holding off on updates as I try to get back on track for my planned release of Starships of the Star Fleet Technical Manual (and I'm way off on the schedule for that one; it's been rough around here for a while).
    And did I only sent you the Luna Class write-up? Never my CODA version of the Niagara-class found in the LUG Player's Guide?
    If you sent me the Niagara, I can't find it anywhere. Send it again?

No haste there. I was just looking over your page and was impressed by all the stuff you have assembled there

I am trying to interest a gamer on a german RPG site into giving CODA Trek a try. And I think that the PG previews I just found on your site, might be helpful.

It is entirely likely that I never sent the Niagara write up. Shall remedy that some time soon
    Last edited by Cut; 05-04-2009 at 01:41 PM.