Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Fan Resource

New Fan Resource

Okay, it's not much to look at right now and it doesn't have as much on it as I would like at the moment, but you can find a few things for the game (with more to come) at http://strpg.patrickgoodman.org/ if you're so inclined. If you have something you'd like me to host, drop me a line and I'll get it up there soonish.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

I would appreciate if you advertised a link to my online PC sheets.

The sheets are editable by players (and GM's if you give them the rights) and available wherever you have access to a computer. They print out as a nice 3 page document if needed.

There are many game system sheets available, but you will find PC sheets for CODA Lotr and Star Trek. You will also find Starship record sheets.

The link is RPG Character sheets

Thanks

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Be happy to do so. It's in for the next update, in fact.

EDIT: Okay, I've just gone ahead and posted the current edit, which adds Tomcat's character profiler as well as Expanded Spacecraft Operations. More to come, I'm sure.
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 03-09-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks very much, it's nice to have multiple backups for when these things disappear off the net for no reason, like Starbase Coda! You will probably have to trawl through the forum, but there's a lot more on here than just those resources. Like when I made my 'starship quicksheets' nothing fancy, but it helped to speed up my game somewhat!
    Ta Muchly

It's a work in progress, Tobian; more stuff will be going up as I find it and the time.

Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

Thanks for putting this together. I am a new member to the forums and I got into the CODA Star Trek RPG a little late in the game, I guess. I just appreciate you guys keeping this info out here for me to find.

I am starting a new series with a few friends and I hope it works out well. Between what was put out officially by Decipher and what the community as a whole has supplemented, I hope to carry this through for a long time.

Anyway, thanks again. I will post more soon, and I look forward to chatting with you all soon.

You're welcome, Solstice. Happy to be of service.

Coming as soon as I get around to getting off my dead ass and doing it: the Decipher adventures and my character generation summary (in a variety of colors).

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Okay, it's not much to look at right now and it doesn't have as much on it as I would like at the moment, but you can find a few things for the game (with more to come) at http://strpg.patrickgoodman.org/ if you're so inclined. If you have something you'd like me to host, drop me a line and I'll get it up there soonish.
    Sweet, thanks so much. I lost all my old star trek pdfs when my old comp died, so this is a nice bonus for me!

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    You're welcome, Solstice. Happy to be of service.

Coming as soon as I get around to getting off my dead ass and doing it: the Decipher adventures and my character generation summary (in a variety of colors).
    I was just going to ask if anyone knew of a condensed character creation guide, as the players book has plenty of good info, but I found the step by step lacking in the guide.

Solstice

Oh, I found it in the posts regarding the character creation guide. After searching a number of posts (and a few outdated links -man, did I come in late in the game), I got into the Yahoo group and DL'd the worksheet and it is outstanding. It really helped with the process and I love that it has page number references to the players guide.

Anyway, I am meeting with my players tonight to put finishing touches on characters and to get the prologue set up for the next time, which will be play.

As for NPC characters for supporting cast (Bridge Crew, etc) I have the Narrators screen and their sheets for the profiles, but just like with everything else, it is a dark background and not good for copying. If I cannot find any, I will just make my own. Now I know the reasons why people gripe about Decipher for the non-reproduceability of the resources.

Anyway, just want to say a big "Thank you" again. Any other reference material you think I need that you may have, let me know (ie: Quadrant maps, etc). I will post what I find, if not already here.

Take care,
    Solstice

Now I start mining for stuff that I've been pointed to in this thread, since I'm out of things on my hard drive at the moment.

In the meantime, the site's been updated with a slightly-tweaked chargen summary, some extras from KillerWhale's ESO, the Decipher adventures, and Steven Cook's A Piece of the Action chargen supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Thanks very much, it's nice to have multiple backups for when these things disappear off the net for no reason, like Starbase Coda! You will probably have to trawl through the forum, but there's a lot more on here than just those resources. Like when I made my 'starship quicksheets' nothing fancy, but it helped to speed up my game somewhat!
    I've found "starship quicksheets" and "starship quicksheets 2", though a cursory examination of them shows me no difference. Which of these is the right one?

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfOfBorg View Post
    In an attempt to get everything downloaded and mirrored in multiple sites, GoB, I've tried to download all the material from your site.

In the process, I've discovered on several different machines, using a variety of archive software, that the three ZIP files for the Base Profile, the Series Profile, and the Scene Cards are all corrupted. None of them will open anywhere for me. Just FYI; if you want to coordinate and come up with intact copies of these files somewhere, just drop me a PM here.

Oh...by the way, I guess I have something to contribute after all. I took the official "Hi Res Decipher Character Sheet", the printer-friendly blue and beige version, and fixed the issue regarding the Agility stat looking like "GILITY". It was a shame, because I really liked the color scheme.

I fixed it and now it looks much better (my obsessive-compulsive side would not let me use it unless Agility was correctly displayed). It turned out that the A was there, but just not in black, so it blended in to the background.

I attached the fixed file to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Solstice; 03-16-2008 at 11:53 PM.