Thread: New LotR game needing players!

Exclamation New LotR game needing players!

With my Chronicles of the North: Chapter 10 approaching its conclusion, I am planning on putting aside that story and its characters for a brief hiatus to allow for a traditional dungeon crawl game. The dungeon is going to be Moria and I am going to use the adventure I wrote for the Hall of Fire called What Once Was.

Quote Originally Posted by What Once Was
    The following adventure is set in the year 2810 T.A., eighty years before the birth of Bilbo Baggins.

After the cataclysm of the First Age and its destruction of Beleriand, the Dwarven realms of Belegost (Kh. Gabilgathol) and Nogrod (Kh. Tumunzaha)were also victim to the re-shaping of Middle-earth. Fleeing from the destruction, the folk of Linnar of Belegost migrated in different directions; some establishing new homes in the
    northern parts of the Blue Mountains, while others came unto Khazad-dûm where they co-mingled with the folk of Durin.

When the Dwarrowdelf met its fate from the power of the Balrog, the exiles of Belegost that lived there followed the folk of Durin and had a hand in the settlement of both Erebor and Barukkhizdin in the Iron Hills. It is from the Iron Hills that this adventure will begin following a path south through Mirkwood on to Moria and its passages that lie under the eastern-most mountain, Bundushathûr, which the Elves called Fanuidhol and Men named Cloudyhead.
    I am looking for at least 8 players. All races will be available except for Noldorin Elves, but I am going to need a good back story as to why an Elf wants to go under the Earth. All classes will be available and I am recommending the following - Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Loremaster (both of healing and ancient Dwarf history), and Craftsman (particularly smiths). Each character will get 4 advancements upon commencement.

I ask that if you haven't read it, please do not reference the adventure mentioned above - but if you have (or if you do), I will be making changes to the scenes anyway!

I want to put out the notice now for player recruitment and character selection/creation. More information on this to follow based on the results of player recruitment.

The game will be taking place on my boards in a new room I will be setting up under Lord of the Rings: Roleplay Boards

Characters will be created and stored using my online PC sheets. All character generation notes and advancement picks will be written and saved in the private notes section at the bottom of each sheet. RPG Online PC sheets

When you create your PC sheet, please PM me his/her ID# and I will invite the PC to the campaign. You will need to go to the EDIT link by your characters name and accept the invitation to the campaign.

A dice roller is provided on the website and we cut/paste results to your posts. There is no log of dice rolls but we have always used the honor system.

Final note, I am looking for serious players that will join and stick around. Players need to be able to check the boards at least daily and post more than once a week. I have been running PbP games as a narrator for over 5 years now and I have never left my players hanging - I ask the same respect.

If this is of interest, and you can play with regularity, please post your interest here or on my boards under the game announcement. You may also PM me on either of the boards.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this post.

Tomcat
    Last edited by Tomcat; 03-09-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Tomcat, having been a visitor every now and then over at your site, I'd absolutely love to be allowed to take part in a RPG story set up by you

Awesome Cut!

This game will begin in about two and a half weeks (guesstimate). I do not want to rush the conclusion of my other game, but in saying that, I do not want to put this invitation out and leave new players hanging.

Anyway, you are welcome to join and if you could send me your character ideas. I am going to post an introductory synopsis here later today.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Awesome Cut!

This game will begin in about two and a half weeks (guesstimate). I do not want to rush the conclusion of my other game, but in saying that, I do not want to put this invitation out and leave new players hanging.

Anyway, you are welcome to join and if you could send me your character ideas. I am going to post an introductory synopsis here later today.
    Don't rush things, Tomcat.
    I have a paper to complete and hand in no later than the 11th of April.
    But can find some time before that date, if we lift off before said date.

I will have to think about, what sort of character to portray. I'd love to play a Sinda, I have never played a dwarf before, so there is some interest there as well but I'd love to be able to wield some sort of magic. Tomcat, what are you looking for?

Oh and BTW I have remembered my password
    Last edited by Cut; 03-10-2008 at 02:42 PM.

What Once Was...

Of Tori and his descenedants...

Tori
    was born in Khazad-dûm in the year 1931 T.A. He was of the line of Linnar that had taken up residence in the Dwarrowdelf many years ago after the destruction of Belegost. Though he was not of Durin’s line, Tori was given a great duty within the Dwarven-city, that of Key-warden to the eastern Halls and the great vaults that were there.

It was in these vaults that were stored some of the treasures of Khazad-dûm, but most important were kept the standards for weights and measures that the House of Durin based all of their values on. The Key-warden was the only one that could take from the vaults a standard and it was his duty to see it safely returned, under punishment of death or even worse, exile.

Tori was responsible for the accounting of the raw ore that came up from the Mines that weaved deep under Bundushathûr. Passages out of the East Halls on the First Deep would take one down deep under the eastern mountain and it was here that Tori would spend a great deal of his time overseeing the valuation of the ores that were drawn out of the earth.

When the Balrog was unleashed and Durin VI was slain, the Dwarves fought a futile battle with the Demon of Power only to eventually flee from his wrath. The folk of Durin and those of Uri and Linnar became exiles and migrated north and east to at last settle in Erebor, the Lonely Mountain, and the far off Iron Hills beyond.

During the raging battles and confusion, Tori misplaced those he was held responsible for, his keys. Without them, he was unable to secure the standards so that they too could be brought along with the Dwarves in their migration. Without these weights and measures, established by Durin I himself, the Dwarves no longer had their standards to base their wealth and resentment and anger festered. Tori and his line would forever bear the brunt of that resentment and shame became synonymous with his name. The Key warden became a pauper in a realm of riches.

It was in 2810 T.A. that Kori, a descendant to the long deceased Key-warden, decided the time was right for the family’s reputation to be restored. The great War of the Dwarves and Orcs had ended eleven years ago and it had a devastating effect on the Orc tribes of the Misty Mountains. Their fewer numbers should allow for access into the old Dwarf home, finding the keys of Tori, and assuring that the vaults of Khazad-dûm were still secured. As long as Durin’s Bane was not disturbed, a company could enter and escape and Kori could restore his families name; restore what once was.

We have two players thus far... chime in if you are interested.
    Last edited by Tomcat; 03-12-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Just reviewed the Loremaster order and like it surprisingly much

I'd love to play a somewhat atypical (a quite curious) Silvan Elf from Thranduil's realm. Not sure, if it will be a healer tpe of character just yet. Do you think that to be essential, Tomcat?

It works for me.

I would tie your character's study to the Dwarves somewhat to give you reason to join up with a group crazy enough to enter Moria.

I have no problem either if your Elf has martial or arcane skills (taking the spellcasting ability). Loremasters need to know how to defend themselves when they are out there looking for knowledge - a Middle-earth Indiana Jones, if you will.

I look forward to seeing the character write up.

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

It works for me.
    Cool, thanks.

I would tie your character's study to the Dwarves somewhat to give you reason to join up with a group crazy enough to enter Moria.
    Consider it done. That was my intention as well.

I have no problem either if your Elf has martial or arcane skills (taking the spellcasting ability). Loremasters need to know how to defend themselves when they are out there looking for knowledge - a Middle-earth Indiana Jones, if you will.

I look forward to seeing the character write up.
    A middle earth Indiana Jones. I love that!!!

I'll come up with something like that I'm looking so much forward to this game, thanks for inviting players from over here, Tomcat!

Edit: May I have the hat?!

Not sure... was the Fedora in style in the Woodland Realm??
    Last edited by Tomcat; 03-16-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Not sure... was the Fedora was in style in the Woodland Realm??
    I'll have to check on that

Table is now full! Thanks to everyone for joining... let's game!

Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Let's get started. I'm very exited about Tomcat's game, I have hoped for an opportunity like this to come up.