Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond The Final Frontier – Submissions

I recently spoke privately with TDK, and he tells me there is an important announcement coming soon.

Per his advice to me, you should hold onto your submissions and prepared work- changes (I don't know any specifics) are coming.

I've submitted a lot of material to BTFF over the years, and I'm still willing to help keep this endeavor alive.

Besides- it's almost Groundhog Day.

If TDK comes out and sees his shadow, we get five more editions of BTFF!!

Thumbs up

Last sunday I narrated 'Blood & Honor - A Klingon Saga' from BTFF issue 9 for a group of 5 newcomers to the game at a Star Trek fan gathering in the Netherlands.

Here are a couple of shots of us playing this scenario (it was a sunny day, so we took the table outside);

Most memorable gaming moments:
    - I inserted a confrontation with the Enterprise-B responding to the colony of Cha’esq's distress signal as well, and they all laughed when I showed them a picture of John Harriman.
    - I informed the engineer that his repair check would take half an hour, after which he informed his captain it'd take him at least two days.
    - I gave the Orion pirate a stun baton as a weapon, and taunted the Klingon player that he'd be stunned for 15 minutes. The player replied "We shall see!", and I rolled “*ZAP!*, you awaken after exactly 15 minutes.

They saved the children and all came out as heroes at the end, and I had a lot of fun narrating for Klingons for a change.
    At the next fan gathering at the end of May I plan on narrating part two 'The Raid' from BTFF issue 10.
    Last edited by Calastir; 05-17-2010 at 06:44 AM.

Not to toot my own horn, but it absolutely breaks my heart to hear of people using my scenarios and having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    Well, we never did end up putting the 4 species (and their assorted background stuff) I created back in the day, in the embryonic ICON Alien sourcebook that never quite got off the ground...

Any specific format, or just follow the stuff Decipher did for their CODA books? Do you want it in Word, or...?

The rewrite could take some doing (I'm great at fluff, not so hot at statting), but I'd love to have something in there.
    If you haven't done this already, we'd love to have some of this material. Send it as an RTF file, and just generally follow the format used in the Decipher books.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePike View Post
    LOL. Are there any particular submission guidelines? (ie file formats etc.) I poked around and couldn't find any. I'm getting some of my adventure notes into a fleshed out and printable format.
    There is a set of submission guidelines being hammered on at the moment. In the meantime, looking at how Selek's adventures are formatted can't hurt for general structure.

Adventures, though, are very much needed.

I think it behooves me to thank selek, just because he was the one guy who actually kept sending me material
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I have open, in another window, the final proof for BTFF Volume 2, Issue 1. I've found a couple of very minor booboos, and Tomcat's fixing those. Once I have the final version, and I'm back on my main PC, the issue will be uploaded. The biggest technical problem I have is that I'm wrapping up a move, and that always makes things more difficult than they need to be.

Oh, and trust me...your patience will be rewarded. The issue is BEAUTIFUL!

Thumbs up

Great. Looking forward to that!

Submission packet #8 should be in your Inbox by tomorrow afternoon, so you'll have plenty to work on going forward.

I'm definitely looking forward to BTFF 2-1.

Hurry, hurry, hurry!

Anyway we could get a new issue together with all the submissions on the website? Adapting star trek online and running JJ Abrahams games?
    Commander William T. Riker: My great-grandfather once got bit by a rattlesnake. After three days of intense pain... the snake died.

The website is definitely back from the dead. I could definitely use some more material, though. I'm especially in need of adventures; that's the area that could definitely use the most help, I think. The 22nd century is especially under-represented there (though it could use some help in other areas, too).

If you have any star systems, planets, or critters, we could use those, too.