Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starship Cheat Sheet

Starship Cheat Sheet

Perhaps I can find what I seek just by asking.

I'm looking for a sheet, that may have been posted here a long time ago...perhaps someone could re-post.

It was a starship construction cheat sheet...it had all the important "stuff" (Starship Classification, crew compliment, etc) from the NG that was not repeated in STARSHIPS. I honestly don't recall if it was one or two sided. I've searched all my CODA/Decipher files and have come up empty handed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

I don't remember ever seeing anything like that, here or anywhere else. Some searching both here and on Google have revealed nothing of the sort, either. And trust me, I've been looking for things like this the last few days....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Ok. Maybe I thought it was on this site...maybe I need to cut down on the Saurian Brandy and Ceti Eels (mmm...tasty).

Its always possible I saw it at Starbase-CODA or some other CODA-TREK site. Well, still if anybody has seen it, has a copy of it, etc...please keep me in mind.

Once again, thanks to all.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Since I could not find this "Starship Cheat Sheet" I figured I'd just compile my own. So here is my own "Starship Basics" sheet. Comments, praises, death threats?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Darth Sarcastic

I have an Excel-based sheet that I believe does everything you're thinking of... I don't think I incorporated everything from Starships, but can't remember since its been so long. Check out my website (1st link)
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

I am currently working on an excel speadsheet that will build ships & Stations & incoporates everything including the ESO.

it will be a little clunky but it is made to be functional, not pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Karg View Post
    I am currently working on an excel speadsheet that will build ships & Stations & incoporates everything including the ESO.

Sounds interesting. Keep us updated. These sheets (especially the first one) are clunky and not pretty...don't worry about it, I say as long as it works.

BTW is anyone out there working on more "STARSHIPS" stuff...components, ideas, that sort of thing. I keep seeing snippets of good and/or interesting stuff, and one day I'd like to see all that come together..."STARSHIPS II" perhaps?
    Darth Sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing anything like that, here or anywhere else. Some searching both here and on Google have revealed nothing of the sort, either. And trust me, I've been looking for things like this the last few days....
    BTW, if you like you can post my ship-cheat sheet on your site. Others might be looking for something like it. If you like I can pm you the original excel document so you can tweak it if you like and then repost it.
    Darth Sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sarcastic View Post
    BTW, if you like you can post my ship-cheat sheet on your site. Others might be looking for something like it. If you like I can pm you the original excel document so you can tweak it if you like and then repost it.
    Go ahead and send me your excel doc, Darth. I'm going to be uploading a couple of little things here in the next couple of days, so I might as well see if there's anything I feel needs tweaking on yours.

Any updates on this? Sounds like a very useful tool/worksheet.

Ask and Ye shall recieve. Sheet will help build Starships and Stations. I have a few modifications built in from ideas I came up with (Like an emergancy seperation system for a station that allows the seperated ection to become a Starship.

Karg

Patrick, if you want to add this file to your site, go ahead
    Last edited by Karg; 06-05-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Ask and Ye shall recieve. Sheet will help build Starships and Stations. I have a few modifications built in from ideas I came up with (Like an emergancy seperation system for a station that allows the seperated ection to become a Starship.

Karg

My god, it's full of stars.

Kudos

I probably will in the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, I've got some requests to make of it.

If I tell the thing I don't have a separation system, and thus no sub-ships, it shouldn't ask about concealed systems that would only come to bear if the ship was separated.

Barring that, an entry of "None" in the Sublight drives table would be divine so that I could say that there is no concealed impulse engine.

Other than that, it seems to be working just fine, though the inability to not have a hidden impulse engine does mean that my ships come up slightly off in their space...and some of my designs don't have that much to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sarcastic View Post

BTW is anyone out there working on more "STARSHIPS" stuff...components, ideas, that sort of thing. I keep seeing snippets of good and/or interesting stuff, and one day I'd like to see all that come together..."STARSHIPS II" perhaps?

Yeah, some people (including the poster of this message) have been working on a some more stuff for Starships. I got some files with some more components (I think I've got over a hundred differernt warp engine types), and revised/comined Weapon Offense Table, and some new stuff, like expanded shuttlebay/flight decks and some new edges and flaws.

Edges and Flaws really help for adding new stuff to the ships without having to rework the SPACES formula. So ships like the TOS Connie could have "Superior Laboratories or Medical Facilities" as Edges, and something like the Defiant might have "MInimal Lab Facilties" as a Flaw.

Part of the difficulty lies in checking the results with stuff posted in the official writeups, and quite a few of those and "wrong", especially the key ships like the Connie and Galaxy-class (both misuse the protoype edge for the photorp launchers, I think it we just upped the OFFENSE of those particular Pohtorp systems by 1 it would fix the flaws without changing the PEN for other official designs).

Another obstacle has been working the tech from the various series together-especially from Enterprise. I7ve been going with a "time dilation" problem with the "old style" warp engines that get7s corrected in the mid 23rd century to explain why the ships in the TOS era aren't all faster than thier ENT counterparts.

Starships Form 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    I probably will in the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, I've got some requests to make of it.

If I tell the thing I don't have a separation system, and thus no sub-ships, it shouldn't ask about concealed systems that would only come to bear if the ship was separated.

Barring that, an entry of "None" in the Sublight drives table would be divine so that I could say that there is no concealed impulse engine.

Other than that, it seems to be working just fine, though the inability to not have a hidden impulse engine does mean that my ships come up slightly off in their space...and some of my designs don't have that much to spare.
    I can't do anything about the concealed systems, I'm not that great of a progamer But if you don't have a seperation system or hvae any weapons on the sub ship, ect... you don't have to add them, there are none and 0 choices for those items. When you print out the final copy you can exclude the concealed systems area. hope that helps

other than that, I fixed the sublight drive issue & there is now a "None" choice. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, also noticed that there was an error in my table lookup formula for max size on the sublight drives and that was fixed too.

Karg