Thread: Author Arthur C. Clarke Dies

Author Arthur C. Clarke Dies

Arthur C. Clarke has died at the age of 90. Read about it here.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

May God Stand Between Him And Harm In All The Empty Places He May Walk
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

But which god, and why were they getting a flight to Oslo?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    May flights of angels carry you to your rest, Mr. Clarke.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

THis is really sad news. I must admit hes been my favorite author....RIP Sir.

I don't think it's a joke or overexaggeration to state that the man had an impact that stretched across the planet and has left a deep and enduring mark on the world we have today. Arthur Clarke's pioneering of satellite technology, innumerable essays on the examination and benefits of scientific/sociological issues, and his simple joy in the act of creating works of fiction that provided insights into the universe we inhabit has changed us all.

I grew up reading your works, sir; from 2001 to Tales From the White Hart, I remember them all and have gone back to visit them, like old friends, more times than I can remember. You enlivened our days; you opened the stars to us; you let us know, again and again, that engaging our imaginations is the only barrier standing between us and greatness.

God bless you and we all.

I remember reading his short stories when I was about 10 years old. No one could overstate his influence on SF literature.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1