Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else. . .

Anyone else. . .

been down with the flu?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

No flu, but had a wicked cold the past three days.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Last month I was grounded with an upper respiratory infection for a week, and got it cleared up enough to take a ride in the altitude chamber on the last day it was available. Depressurizing to air pressure equivalent to 25,000 ft above sea level with sinus pressure is not recommended.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Get well soon, redwood.

I had the flu three weeks ago. I was out cold for 5 days. Had to stay in bed, with fever, terrible headache, running nose and no appetite what so ever. And I was so bored. Couldn't read or watch TV due to the headache and wasn't interested in duing anything. Wasn't a nice time at all...

Hope you recover very soon! Take care and take the good advise of The Doctor: "Rest and drink plenty of fluids. You should always drink plenty of fluids."

Let us know, once you get better, will you?

Been clear of it myself, but there does seem to be some sort of nasty bug going round.

Get well soon all of you who got it!
    Ta Muchly

I had the flu last month. Kept me down for most of a week, then on half-days at work for the next week. Nastiest flu I've had in many a year.

There also seems to be a two-day (or so) bug running around out here, main symptoms are stomach troubles (at both ends) and nasty headache.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two View Post
    There also seems to be a two-day (or so) bug running around out here, main symptoms are stomach troubles (at both ends) and nasty headache.
    In comparison, although longer in duration, I will always prefer my version of the flu. Stomach troubles are really not my thing...

Had one in the end of january, though it was mostly a sinus infection. I had flu, was coughing every minute (including when trying to sleep), and of course a rather runny nose. I managed to stave it by myself (though I still went to see my doctor), and did not miss work, since the day I was at worst was a sunday (always happen to me).
    Get well, redwood
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    In comparison, although longer in duration, I will always prefer my version of the flu. Stomach troubles are really not my thing...
    Yeah. Though I believe the "stomach bug" is not really a "flu," despite it often being called that.

Still, I'd rather have real flu for a week or two than "stomach flu" for two days.

I really believe we could cut crime off at the knees if we could sentence first offenders to a week or so of nausea.

By the third day: "*BLARRGH* Oh God, I swear I ain't ever gonna do it again! *BLERRGH!*"

Do it right, and people will be making themselves sick just thinking about breaking the law.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

And ruin their appreciation of classical music while we're at it...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I really believe we could cut crime off at the knees if we could sentence first offenders to a week or so of nausea.

By the third day: "*BLARRGH* Oh God, I swear I ain't ever gonna do it again! *BLERRGH!*"

Do it right, and people will be making themselves sick just thinking about breaking the law.
    I dunno, don't we all say that after a bender ? And yet we do it again ...

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity View Post
    A dedicated mind can overcome anything... even projectile vomit.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well, I'm feeling better than before so it's about run it's course. It sounds as if the company I work for is actually running short staffed--more people out sick than are working. A couple of our drivers actually had to spend time in hospital due to dehydration and given fluids. Thanks all for the kind words. Lukcy me I've only had some minor aches and pains and the frequent dash to the bathroom.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity View Post

But does a bender leave you consistently nauseous for a whole week?

I've only ever been sick after drinking once, and it didn't last more than a few hours.

But does a bender leave you consistently nauseous for a whole week?
    Actually, I had a hangover that segued into mono once...