Thread: Blood & Honor: The Klingons

Blood & Honor: The Klingons

Does anyone have some or all of the ICON material that went into this book?

I'm not [necessarily] looking for a full copy, but I'd really like this material for use in my game.

Thanks,

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

The only material that was ever released (Icon or Coda, for that matter) for this vanished supplement was a few chapters put on-line as the "Lost LUGTrek" material; this included the two on-line chapter segments that LUG displayed as teasers (and are therefore considered public domain) and two pure text chapters by Steve Kenson; these comprise Chapter 2 (sixteen pages in Word), and Chapter 8 (twenty-eight pages).

I have the whole kit-'n-kaboodle on my hard-drive; if you'd like, mac, I can e-mail you the complete works. Just send me a PM and I'll have it over in the next twenty-four hours.

Don't forget Sjohn's 'Narrating in Klingon'
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I have it all and the partly done fan-based one if you're interested in that, lots of new skills, traits, character creation with tours and House packages:

B&H II is the fan-based
    The word document "Blood & Honor" is Chapter 2 (Klingon History) and Chapter 8 (Worlds) (Kenson's stuff), the PDF's are the preview's LUG released and "Narrating" is as the King mentioned (SJohn's stuff).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RealPity; 03-27-2008 at 05:35 AM.

Know what really sucks? This book is out there somewhere in storage complete and waiting to be sent to the printers--and then the rug got pulled out from under us.

See this thread.
    Last edited by redwood973; 03-28-2008 at 10:22 AM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Oh I know, I remember that thread.

It'd be nice for it to see the light of day, but as they say that's never going to happen.

Not for LUG, not for CODA, who knows, if anyone else ever puts another version out, we'll have to request a Klingon supplement be one of the first to be released !

Sjohn mentioned talking to other writers to get unpublished material, but we haven't heard anything about that in a while...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Very true, I recall seeing some of his Rigel material on another forum through a link here and him mentioning there would likely be more coming, but as you say that was quite awhile ago ... it's quite generous that they even post their material for the fans like that !

I am most interested in three things regarding the Klingons:

1. Mechanics for Honor
    2. Information about the Klingon Houses
    3. Skills, Advantages and Disadvantages specific to Klingons

The history and planetary stuff from Steve Kenson was hugely useful, as was the storytelling stuff from S. John Ross, but I want more mechanics.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

Well, there is all that in the fan-based one but I have no idea if it was all done from scratch or anything used with permission from what would have been the released one by LUG.
    I do notice some of the traits and the 2 Psi skills match some traits and those skills with Owen's characters on his Nomgahr (?) section, and he did say he used the "official" character generation rules. Also the Psi skills are mentioned in the PDF preview from LUG.
    So, again, don't know if the people that worked on the fan-based one just noticed the traits and skills too & made up their own versions or not.
    The only person that worked on it on the boards lately that comes to mind was IceGiant. Perhaps he could say if anything was "official" used with author permission.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity View Post
    The only person that worked on it on the boards lately that comes to mind was IceGiant. Perhaps he could say if anything was "official" used with author permission.
    To the best of my recollection it was completely fan designed. If the guy who wrote the char gen chapter had access to a copy of the LUG version, I wasn't aware of it. Sorry
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig