Thread: Skills Question

Skills Question

Am digging out my FASA books right now and re-living some of the fun I had with it, but I am at a loss on something.

1) I can't find what would be the appropriate skill for observing/notice etc... I thought there was something like that but it has been a long time.

2) Same thing for a hiding/stealth skill....I am continuing to search through the books and maybe I pulled it from Merchants or the Intelligence books.

Thanks for any help!
    "The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

There was an article on skill lumping in one of the Strardate magazines years ago, if my memory hasnt been completely worn away... perception, i think was like INT+PSI+LUC / 3. Don't quote me....

Good Luck!
    J!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin84 View Post
    Am digging out my FASA books right now and re-living some of the fun I had with it, but I am at a loss on something.

1) I can't find what would be the appropriate skill for observing/notice etc... I thought there was something like that but it has been a long time.

2) Same thing for a hiding/stealth skill....I am continuing to search through the books and maybe I pulled it from Merchants or the Intelligence books.

Thanks for any help!
    Stealth is a skill in the Intel books. And, I think it may have actually originated in the 1st Ed Klingon suplement.

For perception, or observation rolls, I've always done it on a sort of situation-by-situation basis. I'd average INT with the appropriate skill (INT/Botany for observing something to do with a plant, INT/Small Unit Tactics to observe or second-guess the strategy of an enemy away team, etc...)