Thread: Helm's Deep [Movie Version]

Helm's Deep [Movie Version]

Ok, in PJ movie there was a host of Elven Warriors, coming to honor and renew the last alliance by Man and Elves, although not many in numbers, maybe 300 warriors strong, so not tilting the balance too much for the defenders, but making a nice point, the inclusion of those was one of the changes from the Original books made by PJ that I actually liked.

But I have questions about that: Haldir is seen in the Realm of Lothorien, but leads an Elvish host send from Rivendell?

How many Elves were there and did any of them survive the Battle of Helm's Deep? I just saw the SEE version of the battle. There is a new scene showing more of the elvish envolvement of the battle, when the first walls are breached. The elven warrior meet the first battle line of the Uruk-Hai head on to save Aragorn and Gimli. It seems like a lost battle and after that I think that I saw no Elves no more (aside from Legolas of course...).

I'd like to have (from a storytechnical point of view) to have some of the Elves survive the battle. Is there any proof speaking against the possibility of survivors I have overlooked?

Well the film editor missed showingwhat happened to those galadhrim that are shown retreating up the rear steps of the hornburg.
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil View Post
    Well the film editor missed showingwhat happened to those galadhrim that are shown retreating up the rear steps of the hornburg.

Abeit not an answer to my question, but yours is easily answered: They came back after the battle was one the same way that they left

I know that I am a little later here, but i did get the impression that the elves were from Lorien. I believe that there was a scene where Elrond and Galadriel did some kind of telepathic communication and decided that they needed to help the men.

I didn't mind the fact that the elves were added to the battle, but PJ made a lot of mistakes in the areas that he added to the book. This is one. Apparently every elf must have fallen in the battle, and were never mentioned again.

Another big one was when Frodo went to Osgiliath. He has Sting out quite a bit, and it never glows once even though the whole place is swarming with orcs!

I know that I am a little later here, but i did get the impression that the elves were from Lorien. I believe that there was a scene where Elrond and Galadriel did some kind of telepathic communication and decided that they needed to help the men.

I didn't mind the fact that the elves were added to the battle, but PJ made a lot of mistakes in the areas that he added to the book. This is one. Apparently every elf must have fallen in the battle, and were never mentioned again.

Another big one was when Frodo went to Osgiliath. He has Sting out quite a bit, and it never glows once even though the whole place is swarming with orcs!
    There's also that whole thing where, geologically, the Elves of Lorien would have had to pass by the army of Uruk-Hai, and have been traveling freakin' fast, to get there before them.

But then, that movie is FULL of geological and travel-time errors.