Thread: The Harbinger of Death

The Harbinger of Death

There goes Capt Thrace again, Starbuck the reincarnated, going off the deep end again . . . not following her original orders, but keeping with the "commander's intent". Interesting to see where the next episode goes. What if SPC, former CPO, Tyrol finds out who really killed his wife. Because she was killed.
    I wonder if Thrace will listen to the Hybrid, who isn't the first to warn someone of her role in the end of someones existance. Or will she listen to Two, and continue blindly following her internal drive of thinking she is enacting a higher beings plan for humanity?
    And damn, even though you have to hate him, Baltar has shown himself to be Mr. Pimp, no? And what of Foster, she has gone off into her own little realm of self-importance.
    Anyone else watching?
    What if Olmos' ending actually happens . . . and when would they time that? 01NOV08?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I was hoping the hybrid would show up this ep.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

So, any guesses on who the final Cylon is?

I'm hoping its not Starbuck or Baltar: they are both wayyy too obvious. The real question is whether the writers are going to have it be someone who is very important to the story (Apollo, Adama, Roslyn), or someone in the backgrouns (Gata, the Dr., the officer Apollo married).

A season or so ago, i would have thought it was Gata, but now I'm not sure.

There's an e in Gaeta.

Secondly, we are all the final cylon.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I am still watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So, any guesses on who the final Cylon is?

I'm hoping its not Starbuck or Baltar: they are both wayyy too obvious. The real question is whether the writers are going to have it be someone who is very important to the story (Apollo, Adama, Roslyn), or someone in the backgrouns (Gata, the Dr., the officer Apollo married).

A season or so ago, i would have thought it was Gata, but now I'm not sure.
    these "unknown" Cylons is way out of wack. Ronald D. Moore claimed that it should be a remake because of unrealizitic problems with the original. And he goes and does this. How can these Cylons be plans with out the others knowing? They were planted. Who planned them and some how not know? I assume that Col. Tigh was switched during imprisonment on New Caprica. It a stretch that any planted Cylons would not act in a coordinated matter or that the Cylon would assume that any human would servive the destructs of the colonies to have plans in place.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

The assumption is that they've always been Cylons, which opens a whole new buncha problems. Top on my list is Chief Tyrol's child: wouldn't SHE be a special baby just like Boomer's? Nothing really said about this yet. But for all of them, they must feel pretty crappy that someone out there invented their lives and then made them live them.

I'd like to know why the first 7 models seem to know nothing about these "original 5'?

The assumption is that they've always been Cylons, which opens a whole new buncha problems. Top on my list is Chief Tyrol's child: wouldn't SHE be a special baby just like Boomer's? Nothing really said about this yet.
    No, they acknowledge his hybridity. That's probably one of the reasons Cally went to the airlock (the traditional Cylon burial ground) rather than just smooshing him with the wrench.

I'd like to know why the first 7 models seem to know nothing about these "original 5'?
    Because they're programmed not to, and Cavil apparently has a vested interest in keeping them secret (judging from his behaviour).
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 05-12-2008 at 07:19 PM.

I'm still watching intently, although it didn't even occur to me to chatter about the series over here. I mostly do that over at the Trek-BBS.

I've been loving every minute of season four. They fixed the problem of season three (lack of serialization, lack of story due to uncertain termination date). I can't wait to see how it all ends up.

And the news about three or four more possible DVD movies is interesting, too, not to mention the incredible cast they're shoring up for Caprica (which I'm still shakey on, premise-wise, but the cast is great).
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

I'm still watching, to be honest S4 just aggravates the crap out of me. My fiance and I beleive that Gaeta is the last. I think Starbuck is an "Avatar" of one of the gods of Kobol.

There don't seem to be any ramifications for much of any action anymore. Shoot anyone, do anything. Seasons 1 & 2 I loved. Season 3 started downhill and season 4 is turning into a jumping the shark scenario for me.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Ok, so that ending of the final season's mid season finale was unexpected.

I still liked the idea i had; where they get to earth and they find an advanced race that wants nothing of their war, and perhaps fights them, forcing The Fleet and the Cylons to work together.

So, any ideas/thoughts/rumors as to what happened on that little blue-green orb we call Terra?

Apes. Damn dirty apes.

Ok, so that ending of the final season's mid season finale was unexpected.

I still liked the idea i had; where they get to earth and they find an advanced race that wants nothing of their war, and perhaps fights them, forcing The Fleet and the Cylons to work together.

So, any ideas/thoughts/rumors as to what happened on that little blue-green orb we call Terra?

I'm guessing it's us(our real timeline) post WWIII, nuclear winter and all. Because we arn't around, I assume the fleet and the Cylons will both settle on earth. Possibly at different locations. And like what happened on New Caprica over time humans will lose alot of tech and there will be more inter-species realtionships.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I wonder where the 13th tribe is.

Probably fighting robot Neanderthals or something.

I don't think they can settle on Earth, since it sounds pretty radioactive, and that isn't good for either species.

Since they said the 5 had been to Earth, I wonder if they were there seeking answers or delivering thermonuclear warheads. Did they engineer the fall of Earth like they did the Colonies (infiltrate and sabatoge), or did they simply have a base ship 'take care of business'?

Honestly, I don't know if they will go with the very Chariots of the Gods "we are the 13th tribe", even if that's what people on the show have been saying. It's more likely that they might the old 'we got it backwards' thing and have them find out they STARTED on Earth, but then they always keep be guessing on BSG!

Since they said the 5 had been to Earth, I wonder if they were there seeking answers or delivering thermonuclear warheads. Did they engineer the fall of Earth like they did the Colonies (infiltrate and sabatoge), or did they simply have a base ship 'take care of business'?
    I think the implication is that it happened a long time ago.

Honestly, I don't know if they will go with the very Chariots of the Gods "we are the 13th tribe", even if that's what people on the show have been saying. It's more likely that they might the old 'we got it backwards' thing and have them find out they STARTED on Earth, but then they always keep be guessing on BSG!
    Well, the artifacts and things on the path to Earth have been successively getting older.

And, if they didn't come to Kobol from Earth, how could they have left directions?
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 06-18-2008 at 11:06 AM.